Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok all sorry if this is a dumb question but I can't remember stuff right now due to tbi injury.
but I changed out a few years ago the triple trees on my 08 sporty 1200c to a wide glide with 41mm forks. The ones I put on at that time were too short. Would bottom out fender on triple trees when hitting a bump.
so bought different forks for it recently but it doesn't have mounts for fender on the sliders. So looking at changing out sliders from old forks to the "new" ones.
problem is old ones are 1" shorter than "new" ones. So questions is would I need to change out the inside springs and shift also or will it just compress the spring a little more for stiffer suspension?
sorry for rambling my minds a little off today.

Thanks

·
Registered
38,500 Posts
Provided they are a match for the fork tubes, it would shorten the travel by 1".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are for 41mm forks also. The ones I replaced them with are 31" forks (center to top) so these would then be 30" correct? As sliders with out fender mounts are 16" and ones I want to put on are 15".
And again sorry if I'm asking dumb questions.

·
Retired citizen
23,099 Posts
I doubt the 1" is going to make that much of a difference. IMO try it and see what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts