Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new 08 SG last Sept, and put a Sundowner seat on it-- now the bars are about 2" to far out. Has anybody tries Klock Werks Ergo bars? I don't want to have to put on handlebar mirrors--seems like it would ruin the style I'm looking for.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ergo back bars on 08 SG

Baggerzee,
I'm getting ready to install ergo back bars on my 08 SG. I'll let you know how it turns out and post pics if you want.

Follow,
No offense, but those windshield-mounted kuryakyn mirrors you posted a link to are hella-ugly in a big way. Seriously, If my fairing mounted mirrors are blocked by the new bars I'll just put a cool little mirror on one side of my handlebars. But hey, to each his own I guess.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I highly recommend the Khrome Werks +2 Sweeper bars. I put them on my 07RG and love them. They give 2" more pullback and rise. I did not have to change any cables out but I think on the batwing bikes you have to change the clutch cable to a +3" cable. They have bars available for the 08 & 09 bikes with tbw.

rglide07

·
Registered
25 Posts
rglider07,
Can you post some pics? I looked at he sweeper+2s on the Khrome Werks site and from the pics they have up the bars don't look so great. Sometimes seeing them installed makes all the difference, ya know? But then also, how they look on your RG isn't quite how they would look on a model with a batwing either. Decisions, decisions....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll see what I can do this weekend. I have never tried to post any pics. I had looked at Heritage bars, wideglide bars, and at pictures of the Wildone chubby bars. These looked like they had the best wrist angle and in fact they do for me. Your wrist is almost straight while riding.

rglider07

1 - 6 of 6 Posts