Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Black Knight
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I bought the audible siren to finish the alarm system on the bike. To my astonishment the installation illustrations that come with the siren do not match the 2009 model bike. They say the siren goes on the right side behind the Engine Control Module (ECM). When I took the right bike cover off there is no ECM there so right away it was looking shaky. Anyway, the ECM is now located on top underneath the seat. So...for anyone out there who's going to do the same here's the skinny:

The siren is installed on the left side of the bike just to the left of the main fuse block. You'll see 2 clips coming from the frame towards you and a half-moon cutout on the top left side of the fuse block. The siren snaps into place with the electrical stud on the left side and the round circle within that half-moon. The wire to connect the siren is under the fuse block plugged into a dummy connection on the frame.

Don't forget to change the alarm system from chirpless to chirp mode. Check the owner's guide for instructions.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just ordered a 2009 Ultra with an alarm system, reading your post it sounds like there is no siren included. My 2003 included a siren, when did Hd start doing this?

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
I think it's always been this way, your dealer may have just included the siren on your '03.

·
The Black Knight
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I found it sort of odd that HD would sell a security alarm which only flashes the lights as your bike is carted away. But it might just be that my dealership wants to make more money by nickle and diming everything.

·
Registered
12 Posts
my 09 came without the alarm sys and i added it myself with a 20% dicount from the dealer at xmas time. got a second fob for 30.00 had them pro them and all is well now. oh yea they didnt charge to pro them

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Stealer threw in the siren & a t-shirt :woo 500.00 in admin fees :thumb

·
Registered
425 Posts
If I remember correctly, I installed a Siren II under the right side cover on my '03 Ultra Classic. I've got a Siren II and pager on the way for my '07 Road king classic that will be here July 20th.

Does the siren go under the right or left cover?

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
If I remember correctly, I installed a Siren II under the right side cover on my '03 Ultra Classic. I've got a Siren II and pager on the way for my '07 Road king classic that will be here July 20th.

Does the siren go under the right or left cover?
Should hold true to the earlier year model instructions jestover mentioned (right side) Thats where I stuck it on my 07 ultra.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
I just ordered a 2009 Ultra with an alarm system, reading your post it sounds like there is no siren included. My 2003 included a siren, when did Hd start doing this?
The siren is a option only - always has been.

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
I think it's always been this way, your dealer may have just included the siren on your '03.
From 7 months ago...
:thumb

·
Registered
3 Posts
Joe, I got the same exact problem, I'm just not as good as you trying to instal this with what I got, would you know where can I find a comprehensive set of instructions?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts