Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...new member to this site, but I've been watching for quite a while. Just traded in my 07 Night Train for a 09 Street Glide. I thought I would get a few opinions on my ideas for exhaust. I had the 103 big bore kit installed when I bought the bike.

V&H Power Duals...
ThunderMax w/autotune (avail in Jan 09)...
Either Kuryakyn Pro R Hypercharger or Corsair air intake...
Ideas on great sounding and performing mufflers???

I want it to be loud...but don't want to rob performance.

What are your thoughts? While on the subject, what about cams that work well...and streetable...whith this combo.

S/F

·
Registered
11 Posts
Installed Thunder Header 2 into 1.Picking up tomorrow. Will post numbers. Maybe 203 or 211 cams. Tell the tech what range you ride in most and what they recommend. If they have a dyno , ask to see what kind of numbers they have seen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
09 Street Glide buyer

I also just purchased an 09 Street Glide (Black Pearl) and it's sweet. The dealer wanted to sell me the Rinehart slip-ons. I listened to them but they were'nt loud enough, but they did sound good. Anyway I look forward to any suggestions anyone has. I live in California so it's illegal to have any of them, but that won't stop me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Vance & Hines and Samson have available complete exhaust systems for the '09 Touring bikes. The exhaust pipes, not the mufflers on the '09 Touring bikes are 38% more efficient than older bikes. If you go with slip-ons you will still have a very good exhaust system for less money. Myself I think the looks of the '09 exhaust pipes is great.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also opted for the Thunderheader 2 into 1 for performance reasons and they have a nice deep roar. They are not as loud as some of the others though.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I too recently picked up an 09 Street Glide, and even if I didn't do anything to the bike, I just love it. That being said, the salesman who sold me mine also has a Glide, and he has Rush slip-ons with 2 1/2" baffles. He fired it up for me and it's plenty loud. He also did the TFI and Air Filter for good measure. I have heard you can go as high as 2" baffles without getting it done, but I also heard it's a good idea since bikes tend to run lean from the factory anyway for EPA reasons. Anyway, after hearing the Rush's, I'm probably going to get those. I have V & H Longshots on my Honda, and they are currently louder than my Harley. I've heard people recommend visiting dealerships on a weekend and listening to others' pipes. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm in the same postion on figuaring what exhaust also ...lol, I have a appt. this week for the first service ...will see , going to have to ask questions while i'm there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i have a 2009 streetglide u want loud batistini/ness true duals with thunder cone slip -ons and u use your stock heat sheilds sounds great but i did have to up grade my sound system. all is well oh yea when u up grade your fuel management look into the ridemax bluethooth made by americanmicrofueldevises.com no more power commader,sert, or the thunder max which takes your savings account to buy. good luck ride safe

·
Banned
19 Posts
I have a 09 streetglide and called v&h company and they told me if you go with a slip -on "THE BASIC SLIP-ON" is there loudest slip-on...........does't make the most horsepwer but it is there loudest ! My buddy has the same bike ,but went with the reinhart slip-on's and mine are louder. But they are all unique and have there own tone !! My friend with the reinharts heard a 08 streetglide with rush slip-ons and said they were even louder than mine!! I couldn't get those through the dealer up here .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts