Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an 09 street glide and came from an hard tail chopper with hooker pipes..
Needless to say im luvn it, but it sounds like a scooter...

Any help...looking for the Harley sound....and mild performance gains.

:confused:

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Welcome and Hooker pipes are always a good choice.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
A buddy of mine just bought a 09 streetglide, damn thing sounded like a boat motor. I think the pipes he put on were rhinehaurs, still don't sound like a harley. Maybe he'll get new pipes now, hit a car and flipped it 3 or 4 times. $9000. damage 2 broke ribs broke thumb. Oh and welcome,ride safe

·
Registered
327 Posts
IMHO any True Dual will sound better and give you more power if you get the proper tuning done after the install.
Go to a bike night and listen to other bikes to find out more about what sound you are looking for.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Go to a bike night and listen to other bikes to find out more about what sound you are looking for.

Probably the best advice. You can also try your local HD dealer on a weekend. I've discovered that asking to hear someone's pipes is definitely a form of flattery.:USA:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 08 Streetglide. Got tired of the stock exhaust, but thought I had to go with a true-dual set up to make it really sound good. Got some advice from two different sources and went with Rinehart Slip-Ons. I think they sound bada$$! I am getting some slight popping at deceleration. I live in Texas so it will soon warm up and I am told it will get worse then. Looks like I am going to add a Stage 1 air-cleaner and remap the system.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went with the Rinehart Slip-Ons, race tuner and stage 1.
The bike runs and sounds bad azz...:thumb

:Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts