Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any body has installed xm or sirius sat radio on there bike and did not buy it from harley for the 500 dollars.

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
I'm looking at this....

Looky Here

You can get receivers and antenna's real cheap from Best Buy <$50.00.

I like this rig because it comes with a handlebar mount and can be used in my other vehicles as well. I thought about the plug in module for the factory radio but it's way too much.

Look here for more options

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping to be able not to have the reciever on the handle bars since the radio is allready set to recieve xm sat

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
Well,

From what I understand the factory radio is XM ready but requires the Harley XM radio PLUG IN

This is a module that sits on top of the factory radio and fully integrates with the hand controls and heads up display of the factory radio.

So, If you want XM but don't want to buy the Harley XM Option, you must have a handle bar mounted receiver / antenna.

Where are you from in Illinois? That's my home state

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
Is it winter yet? Spent some time in the Navy at the Great lakes command I know the area well (or I did)

What kind of 09 HD do you have?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 09' ultra classic {red hot sunglo} and yes old man winter has set in. it is going to be a long cold winter with a new bike sitting in the garage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts