Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is the way I feel, but I'm pretty sure I had a higher percentage of skill, if only slightly.

Im typing with jelly legs... I thought for sure I was going down.

Cruising at approximately 40-45 when this jack wagon apparently decides he is gonna beat me and the guy next to me across the road. He did not have the foresight to see that there was no place to go due to on coming traffic. And he was hung in median with his truck blocking my lane.

Unfortunately I could not see him poised to pull out and took me by surprise as he cleared the guy next to me. The guy next to me did see and started to slow.

In about .5 seconds I was in a full on panic stop. Then it happened the ass starts to get loose and fast. I fight off four wobbles from the front tire. I honestly didn't think I was gonna pull it out of the violent wobble. I let off the brakes and just wound it back up as hard as I could.

I honestly don't even remember downshifting, but reaction must have kicked in and I was in a low enough gear to power through.

I honestly don't even know how I cleared all the vehicles.

I keep seeing it my head and honestly cant see how I could have predicted or been ready for this moron.

I had an angel on my shoulder today...

Off for a shot and a beer, and I'll be walking to the bar!

Please, stay safe brothers!

Reactions: ematicic

·
Registered
39,566 Posts
Dayum!

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Happy to hear it all turned out ok. Your mind told you this isn't going to end well, but you by instinct physically knew what to do. :thumb

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Damn link....and YOUR asshats down there should be used to seeing bikes, OURS up here will be acting liking it's open season on us soon. Glad you came out ok.

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Happy to hear it all turned out ok. Your mind told you this isn't going to end well, but you by instinct physically knew what to do. :thumb

That really does sum it up in a nutshell...

Thanks all

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Glad you are ok brother!
Colt.45

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Man! Glad it worked out okay for you and you're safe. Instinct and reflex can be a wonderful thing.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,472 Posts
All I can say is Wow!!!! Really glad to hear you made it out of the danger zone with nothing more than post-adrenaline shakes. Good reflexes and instincts. Enjoy the shot and beer. You earned it.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
pure instinct! great job. enjoy those beers and shots, you earned them.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Don't forget to change your shorts before you go for that drink. :D

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
glad you're ok link. guess the asshats are the same everywhere. I think i'll have a shot and a beer in honor of your skills and instincts! cheers brother!
regards,
dave

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Good save Link, way to keep the shiny side up.. glad your okay.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Sit down, take a deep breath, then enjoy that shot and beer. Don't dwell on it. Just enjoy the moment.

Glad your still with us.

·
Asylum Inmate
11,745 Posts
There is no substitute for experience. Today you proved that!

Drink it with gusto.. You survived.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts