Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 street glide with a screaming eagle breather and decatted exhaust. I want to change cams and get a little more out of the motor. keep in mind the stock heads and compression ratio and I want more low to mid cam.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
There are many different cams out there but to fully get everything out of your motor...I would also recommend to get rid of the stock head pipes!...they are robbing you of power

·
IMMORTAL UNDEAD
904 Posts
Talk to Bob Wood from Woods cams, I talked to him a couple of weeks ago and gave him my info weight of me wife how and where I ride and he determined what cam I should go with, I was looking at the TW-5-6 or TW-555 cams but for my bike and style of riding he figured that I would be best with the TW-222 cams lots of low end torque and plenty of HP
these cams are made for baggers and touring bikes I am having them put on next week. He said I should end up with 105-110 tq and 95-100 hp after tuning. You will also need a tuner if you are installing cams on your bike and then after the install it will need to be tuned for best results. Goodluck with your mods. Talk to the guys at Fuelmoto the will help you pick out a good set of cams.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I run Woods 777 and my dyno numbers are 116 HP and 116 Torque. I am very happy with the results. It is like sitting on top of a power plant.

·
nitro freak
1,264 Posts
if doing a cam only change,go with Andrews 48`s or S&S 509`s.as far as the previous post,hog runner I really hope your not telling us your getting that HP/TQ out of a otherwise stock motor with 777 cams,aint gunna happen

·
Registered
222 Posts
if doing a cam only change,go with Andrews 48`s or S&S 509`s.as far as the previous post,hog runner I really hope your not telling us your getting that HP/TQ out of a otherwise stock motor with 777 cams,aint gunna happen
Agree!

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Looks like I might be getting Andrews 48's. Really looking forward to more low end and mid range. It will be nice going for 5th at the double nickel without pizzin my engine off.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I went with the woods 222 cams. now I cant make up my mind on a PCV or the Power Vision.......lol

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
well I went with the woods 222 cams. now I cant make up my mind on a PCV or the Power Vision.......lol
Let us know what you think about the cams....with all this talk about cams, I've been thinking about throwing a set in my bike! Lol

I've got a PCV and I'm very pleased with it, but the guy who tuned it also knew what he was doing.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Red Shift 525 for low-end torque. RS527 to bring the mid-range up a bit. Be sure and replace the inner cam bearings with Torringtons.

This is a good tool for selecting a cam: http://bigboyzheadporting.com/tccams.htm

Cam selection always involves a trade-off. For low-end torque, you need low-end compression, and to get that you need your intake valves to close fairly early. Lift beyond a certain amount doesn't matter with stock heads/ports, exhaust, and throttle bodies.

·
Registered
771 Posts
For a street cam ive always liked the mid 240's duration intake closing in the low to mid 40's...lsa in the 107-110 range and overlap in the high 30's to low 40's ...lift well although as stated if the head is stock going over .500 doesnt flow more..but if u r at or over .500 quicker or for longer due to ramp rate and total lift...then u will push out a broader power band vs a cam with only .500 lift

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I have a 2013 street glide with a screaming eagle breather and decatted exhaust. I want to change cams and get a little more out of the motor. keep in mind the stock heads and compression ratio and I want more low to mid cam.
Andrews 48's, Wood 222.
The 555's, 777's, 888's, will all fit under OE springs and are "bolt-in" cams as far as that is concerned, but those NEED/REQUIRE more compression(and cylinder head air flow) to optimize the true potential of the later intake closing cams.
We witnessed Bob Wood come to the V-Twin industry back in the mid-1990's, and have used his cams, quite a bit, since then. :)
Scott

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Andrews 48's, Wood 222.
The 555's, 777's, 888's, will all fit under OE springs and are "bolt-in" cams as far as that is concerned, but those NEED/REQUIRE more compression(and cylinder head air flow) to optimize the true potential of the later intake closing cams.
We witnessed Bob Wood come to the V-Twin industry back in the mid-1990's, and have used his cams, quite a bit, since then. :)
Scott
I went the woods 222. now I am trying to figure out a Power Commander V or the Power Vision?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts