Harley Davidson Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Señor Member
19,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
103 recently removed from my 2011 FLHRC to make room for my S&S 124LC. 100k miles; runs well. Had full synthetic oil changes every 5k.

$1000, you pay shipping or come pick up. Reasonable offers will be considered.

Good engine. She took me everywhere.

·
Señor Member
19,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do ya have an MSO for that ? Good price too.
Top end was done at what miles ???
Hey, Schmidty. It’s stock. All original. I don’t know what an MSO is. I have all the original paperwork on the bike purchase. I bought it new in 2011.

·
Retired citizen
22,893 Posts
MSO, manufacturer's statement of origin to sell a serial numbered engine for placement in a different vehicle. You got one with your new S&S engine.
100K miles and never been apart ???

·
Señor Member
19,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MSO, manufacturer's statement of origin to sell a serial numbered engine for placement in a different vehicle. You got one with your new S&S engine.
100K miles and never been apart ???
Yes, I have one for the new engine. I don’t know how to get one for the old one. Is it necessary?

Yup. I’ve been very kind to this engine. Lots of highway miles, I don’t beat on her, and I was religious about oil changes.

Affordable foundation for a rebuild, for sure, but I think she’s got quite a few miles left in her as is.

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
wow chief! a 124! juanita is gonna be a FIRE BREATHIN' MAMACITA!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,743 Posts
Yes, I have one for the new engine. I don’t know how to get one for the old one. Is it necessary?

Yup. I’ve been very kind to this engine. Lots of highway miles, I don’t beat on her, and I was religious about oil changes.

Affordable foundation for a rebuild, for sure, but I think she’s got quite a few miles left in her as is.
So it was ridden by a little ole lady that only used it to go to church on Sundays...

·
Retired citizen
22,893 Posts

I'm not sure about IL but in WI the DMV does the MSO. MSO is needed because the frame and engine VINs no longer match.

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
all states vary, im sure. kansas requires a notarized bill of sale from the seller.

·
Señor Member
19,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure about IL but in WI the DMV does the MSO. MSO is needed because the frame and engine VINs no longer match.
Thanks Schmidty. I’ll look into it.

·
Señor Member
19,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’ll have a bill of sale available with appropriate VIN number. I’m also happy to show the MSO from the new engine affirming the bike that this engine came from. It’s all legit, one owner, me.

·
Señor Member
19,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I also hold the title of the bike it came out of if the buyer would like to see it.

·
Señor Member
19,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.