Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a 110 kit installed in my 103 ultra limited 2015. It has fp3 fuel pack, Andrews 48H cams, decated. I can hear a knocking sound towards the front top also i noticed some black smoke coming out of the exhaust now. Hopefully this video can help any idea whats wrong?

·
Registered
977 Posts
My 15 road king did very similar noise, 103 to fuel moto 110 I did two things, installed rocker lokars, google and watch video, that fixed some but not all. Then I checked pushrods were hitting at the top where they go into the rocker boxes after investigating this I installed a tapered push rod, screaming eagle and my noises are all gone. Good luck hope that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a 2009 FLTRSE3 which at about 20,000+ miles had similar sounds. I was told it might be the compensator, the rocker arm, or the cams. When riding to Santa Maria via San Francisco the bike sounded like a machine gun. Luckily it had only 22,500 miles then and they replaced the entire engine. Then when coming back from Sturgis in 2015, the sound reappeared. Luckily I had an extended warrantee as the front cam was worn as it I had taken a dental bur to the area of the lobe. The engine was repaired, and just before my last warrantee was over, I had them check the cam. That time the cam was OK, and at 92,000+ I traded the bike for a 2019 FLTRXR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts