Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ZVO
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the trigger today on the upgrade that is gonna take my 15 RGS up to the same specs as a CVO.

New specs will be 1800cc and 110 CUbic Inch

It's a street legal kit which keeps my warranty intact.

Also ordered the CVO seat from the Street Glide, the CVO tachs and much much more :)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Good for you. Enjoy and I hope the mods give you want you were expecting them to do.
You can take it even to higher levels, just throw the $$ to it and it will happen.

·
Registered
266 Posts
You gonna get any rides in before the snow flies or just drool on it for the winter?

·
Registered
557 Posts
If I were going so as to have the cases cut for 110" , I'd be going even bigger. Just sayin'

·
ZVO
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I were going so as to have the cases cut for 110" , I'd be going even bigger. Just sayin'

Yes, you are 100% correct but from my research anything bigger would require engine tear downs every 10000 miles.

I don't plan on racing the bike I plan on riding it long distances, putting a street legal kit not only maintains the factory warranty it also keeps the bike running at a manageable heat.

A 120R would have cost 6grand and I would not be able to tour on the bike anymore, and I would have huge labor bills every 10,000 miles.

But then again I wouldn't "legally" be able to ride the bike anywhere other than a race track.

I know people still ride the bikes anyway, but also my warranty would be voided and I'd pretty much have a fast RG in my garage that I could stare at with a 120r.

If you're gonna race your bike then yes you are right a 120 is way smarter if your already gonna do the case boring and plan on racing your bike.

I'm building my own CVO in a way.

I ordered the CVO tachs,
CVO seat
Got the speaker lids, boom audio and amplifier also.

The 110 kit was 1700
Labor is 10 hours x $98PH.

The total cost will be close to $3000
I have stage 1 already done...with the race tuner, VH x pipe and VH pipes and the air cleaner.

And yes I will still be riding this winter my bike will be hot enough to melt the snow! :)

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
good plan IMHO

·
Registered
42,713 Posts
May as well get the 4.625" crank if you're going to the trouble of boring the cases.

4.625" stroke and 4.060" bore = 120 ci.
Or increase the bore to 4.125" = 124 ci.

If you didn't want to stroke the motor, 117" = stock stroke and 4.125" bore.

I don't see why you'd need engine teardowns every 10k. Don't make sense.

·
Registered
266 Posts
[QUOTE

And yes I will still be riding this winter my bike will be hot enough to melt the snow! :)[/QUOTE]

Right on.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Nice upgrade enjoy

·
Registered
557 Posts
Going bigger doesn't mean more rebuilds. You can go bigger without going crazy on the compression and cams.

·
Between Eternities
845 Posts
Additional displacement, with reasonable compression and a streetable cam duration, might even result in lessening the probability of future rebuilds. Just a thought.

Anyway I see what you're doing and I whole heartedly approve: you're building a CVO for less money. Sweet!

·
Registered
42,713 Posts
Also, do the Timken crank bearing conversion for the left engine case while it's apart, and weld the crankpin.

·
ZVO
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also, do the Timken crank bearing conversion for the left engine case while it's apart, and weld the crankpin.

Dang too late...it was supposed to get bored yesterday and put back together..they are closed today and Monday

1 - 17 of 17 Posts