Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesnt look too bad, Anybody no anything about the fueling reeper 574 in a 110 with 10.5 to 1 compression?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Doesnt look too bad, Anybody no anything about the fueling reeper 574 in a 110 with 10.5 to 1 compression?
Built a 107 for my buddy using the 574 set at 10.5 with head work it ran very nice and quite. Then the crank went bad ruined the oil pump and cams

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What caused crank to go bad all the extra power or what? At what point is the Harley crank no good for extra power?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
The guy rides about as hard as anyone can. Probably contributed a lot to it. If you’re building 110 I would definitely check the run out on your crank and if not in spec either have your crank reworked by Darkhorse or replace with an S&S. FWIW you can probably throw the fueling 574 t man 590 cycle Rama 595 wood 8 all in a bucket shake it up and dump it out and get about the same results with all those cams set up properly. In my 110 I run the Wood tw8 set at 10.8 c/r with head work and it runs off at 134 hp and 125 tq

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im 67 I don't beat it, but Im not against doing a burn out now and then. I want to be able to get to the front of the pack if needed, or wanted. Any detonation problems with yours? Will I have any trouble with hot restarts I have automatic compression releases in mine?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
No problems what so ever my best suggestion is whatever combo you decide on make sure and get it professionally tuned. Steve at GMR in Fort Worth did mine and did a wonderful job. He broke it in on the dyno and I flew in picked it up and rode about 2000 miles home and have not had any problems FWIW I used the Screamin Eagle drop on kit but nothing wrong with the S&S kit. I like the Wood TW8 bit it can be a bit noisy for some

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gonna go with the 110 extreme duty from fuel moto. Looks like we are ordering parts today.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just ordered fuel moto extreme 110 cyl kit, along with FM street outlaw heads, vance and hines head pipe, and fueling reeper 574 cam. Now I need a map for my power commander V any help out there?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Should run nice. Maybe consider changing to a power vision or tts tuner. And make sure and have it professionally tuned. Not sure where your located but you may be close to sheffer performance he’s an excellent tuner

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No problem with dyno tune, anything wrong with power commander V? Also I put parts that will be for sale in classified is there any market for these thinks or are they paper weights?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
No problem with dyno tune, anything wrong with power commander V? Also I put parts that will be for sale in classified is there any market for these thinks or are they paper weights?
Check with whoever is going to do your tune as to what device they prefer Not paper weights shoot me a pm with what you want for the heads I may take them off of your hands

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Changed plans today sent the fueling reaper 574 back and exchanged it for a 594, 110 kit wont be here till end for dec we will start new year off with new build.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Have never used the 594 but if your still getting your cylinder kit from FM you may want to check with them but I would say the 594 waould want more than the 10.5 c/r you were looking at

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also going to switch to a TTS tuner, looks like it might be a good investment, Hopefully till Jan 7 th we start the build Im as excited as a 8 year old kid, cant wait.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Also going to switch to a TTS tuner, looks like it might be a good investment, Hopefully till Jan 7 th we start the build Im as excited as a 8 year old kid, cant wait.
Great selection on the tts. Can’t wait to see your results. I’m collecting parts now to put together a hot rod 124 for my bagger and like you can’t wait to get it done

1 - 20 of 74 Posts