Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Just Chillin..
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems with the motor after being redone to the 110 inch? Does this void the warranty if dealership does work? Would this be called the big bore kit?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Has anyone had problems with the motor after being redone to the 110 inch? Does this void the warranty if dealership does work? Would this be called the big bore kit?

Yes....it's a big bore kit.

Yes....it voids your warranty.

The dealer that installed it *may* continue to warranty any issues you experience in the future, but if you read the small print in your contract, simple things like installing an external fuel management system, larger cylinders and pistons or almost ANY MODIFICATION is grounds for a manufacturer (not a specific DEALERSHIP) to void your warranty in the event of some sort of failure......

·
Just Chillin..
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave63

·
blk bassani thunder
1,248 Posts
That stinks! Even if the dealer accepts to do the install and all the work you shouldn't lose your warranty. I understand if you did it yourself and then it blows up.

·
Nitrous Rules
31 Posts

I purchased my 2007 Ultra and 2003 RK (both new) from a Dealer that I won't mention their name, that threatened that they may void my warranty because of engine modifications that I had. This was when I had a trans. noise. I went to another dealer that said they had no problems of covering any warantable problems except for the modifications that I made. They repaired the trans. noise. Guess where I'll buy my next HD.

Here, I'll plug the dealer that helped me. Davis HD Burlington NC.:nod

1 - 5 of 5 Posts