Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bat :mad: My work finally blocked me from 1130cc.com, but not this place :dance Looks like I'll be comin here alot more!!!!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
I can join that CLUB!!!

When the 1130cc.com forum was VRF I was banned at work. However my boss banned the word...so when it changed to 1130cc.com, I could again gain access!!!! YAHOOo!!!!! :dance

·
Registered
212 Posts
LOL I have run a proxy for years, if the admins leave port 22 open you can setup a proxy at your house and just bounce all your traffic through a different port. Most of the web filters used don't close port 22 and it is encrypted to the proxy so they have no idea what your url request is. How ever keeping cookies and other stored items off a machine is important. :)

You might also see if they block RSS and use an RSS reader to keep track. The forum broadcast an RSS signal that updates about every 30 minutes.

·
Administrator
13,475 Posts
LOL I have run a proxy for years, if the admins leave port 22 open you can setup a proxy at your house and just bounce all your traffic through a different port. Most of the web filters used don't close port 22 and it is encrypted to the proxy so they have no idea what your url request is. How ever keeping cookies and other stored items off a machine is important. :)

You might also see if they block RSS and use an RSS reader to keep track. The forum broadcast an RSS signal that updates about every 30 minutes.
Wow... I think I understood 2 or 3 words of that. Mine's not blocked... yet. They seem to crack down on an almost daily basis. Yahoo email was blocked a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
212 Posts
mmmm... time for hackinnn:bat :bat :bat
No a proxy is not hacking at all. A proxy is a redirect so that you can simply use something like your home machine as a point to bounce traffic through. What you do is create a tunnel to the machine you plan to use as a proxy. You have the second machine accept request on a given port, most use ssh on port 22. You then redirect the incoming traffic to an exit port and then it's just like everything originates from the local machine. The key is that everything you send between the two machines is encrypted. That means no one can read anything you do or has any idea the location you are at. I only learned to do it because I had an admin that was hell bent to block my forum from work. The downside was that she really didn't know much about what she was doing so has very little knowledge of tunnels and proxy. All I had to get around was websense which is pretty much like childs play IMHO. Now if your company has a policy and forbids the use of a proxy then by all means do not do it. Mine had no such policy in fact one of the IT guys used to crack up, she would spend hours trying to figure out how to block a port and I would be on another port within a minute. :) I hate to think how many man or in this case woman hours she wasted trying to block my access to my forum.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
13 Posts
No a proxy is not hacking at all. A proxy is a redirect so that you can simply use something like your home machine as a point to bounce traffic through. What you do is create a tunnel to the machine you plan to use as a proxy. You have the second machine accept request on a given port, most use ssh on port 22. You then redirect the incoming traffic to an exit port and then it's just like everything originates from the local machine. The key is that everything you send between the two machines is encrypted. That means no one can read anything you do or has any idea the location you are at. I only learned to do it because I had an admin that was hell bent to block my forum from work. The downside was that she really didn't know much about what she was doing so has very little knowledge of tunnels and proxy. All I had to get around was websense which is pretty much like childs play IMHO. Now if your company has a policy and forbids the use of a proxy then by all means do not do it. Mine had no such policy in fact one of the IT guys used to crack up, she would spend hours trying to figure out how to block a port and I would be on another port within a minute. :) I hate to think how many man or in this case woman hours she wasted trying to block my access to my forum.
Then you take the Red Pill...

I'd love to try this, but NMCI (the Navy network) barely works as it is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts