Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jimbo Today 11:20 AM - permalinkjimbo
I have a 12 CVO Ultra, after the bike has been ridden for a bit ( enough to get warm) when its in neutral and the clutch is pulled in / let off a LOUD rumble / rattle is audible, dealership acknowledges a noise---but-- has no clue as to why, THOUGHTS?

Jimbo

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
So when you pull the clutch in while it's in neutral, you hear the noise, or when the clutch is let out?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In neutral , when I let the clutch all the way out it begins to rumble, down around my floorboard? VERY NOTICABLE

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Ok. Just wanted to clarify. May just be that the clutch needs to be adjusted or something. Sounds like there might be something loose. I am no expert, but just guessing. I'm sure someone should be along shortly who knows.

·
Retired citizen
22,920 Posts
Primary chain auto adjuster or the comp sprocket are my initial thoughts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, it was at the dealer 3 times, sound is getting worse, 600m and they admit there's a noise, they don't know why.

·
Registered
231 Posts
neutral rattle, pretty common on the newer bikes. dealer should have a service bulletin on this.unless it is a bearing or something else,only hearing it in person would you know for sure. let dealer handle it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, it worried me because it gets worse when I let out the clutch, wasn't sure if cus' it's hydraulic, my 07 cable didn't do it.

·
Retired citizen
22,920 Posts
I'm wondering if the dealer service dept. removed the primary cover to take a look or just listened to the bike trying to figure out what's causing the noise ?
Is the bike in warranty yet ???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts