Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
21 LowRider S
46,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SE Road Glide S with factory 131.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

New color for Low Rider ST with silver wheels vs the previous bronze.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle

Upper left photo commentary says Street Glide with hand painted limited edition custom paint (Gunslinger).

Upper right says something about the El Diablo, but cant make out what they're talking about.

· weird member
2022 El Diablo, 1997 FXSTC
4,571 Posts
That Low Rider ST looks just like the Diablo style paint, but in blue. Not sure how I feel about those wheels though. I think they might look better as two tone black and silver, though I don't know.how you'd go about that, maybe black rim with silver spokes? Or black with cut silver highlights.

· Registered
21 LowRider S
46,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are just mockups the magazine made for what they think is coming. Notice the little circle that says "Image CG"? The anniversary models aren't getting a 131.
No, that isn't what I said. I said the top photo is of a SE Street Glide. THAT bike alone comes with a factory 131. I never said anything else about any other model getting a 131.

· Registered
6 Posts
You mean Road Glide. Typo aside, the Anniversary Edition Road Glide S isn't getting a 131 either. The anniversary models have already been certified, and they're getting the same engines as the regular models.

That entire magazine spread is about what the editors think will happen, but there are a few holes in their logic, like a blue El Diablo.

· Registered
21 LowRider S
46,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You mean Road Glide. Typo aside, the Anniversary Edition Road Glide S isn't getting a 131 either. The anniversary models have already been certified, and they're getting the same engines as the regular models.

That entire magazine spread is about what the editors think will happen, but there are a few holes in their logic, like a blue El Diablo.
I said SE Road Glide... I apparently need to repeat SE Road Glide. Notice the phrase Anniversary appears nowhere....

Just wondering if it would be possible to implement a minimum reading comprehension requirements test before people are allowed to post.

And where did you get a legible copy of this magazine spread? I never saw any link to one.

Reactions: slingshot383

· Registered
21 LowRider S
46,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
It also says 'Screamin Eagle 131'. You really think they would put out a 'Screamin Eagle', aka CVO, version and give it the same motor as the previous year's Street Glide Ultra Limited?

Since when has HD put a stock size motor in a SE/CVO model?

Has HD ever put out an anniversary SE/CVO bike before? Hmm.....

Reactions: sardonicus87

· Registered
6 Posts
Here's a larger version of the image:

I don't know why you're taking this personally, and sure don't know why you're accusing me of poor reading comprehension when you admit you didn't read the magazine you're pulling the info from. You're just sharing what you can make out from the image, and that's totally fair. I'm saying the source material you're looking at is wrong. The whole article is about what the writers think Harley will announce, and is pure speculation.

Meanwhile, since that magazine was published, the 120th Anniversary models were certified with vehicle regulators, and their engines are no different from the non-anniversary versions. The info in the magazine is speculative, and out of date.

· Registered
6 Posts
Here's the magazine's website:

Run it through Google translate and it says "The heart of the Road Glide is the Milwaukee-Eight 131 = 2151cc!! This is a bold prediction of the 120th anniversary model that will definitely appear as a '23 model..." Note the word "prediction"? It's just a guess, not necessarily based on fact.

Theyre correct that there is an anniversary edition Road Glide, but wrong about the 131.

· Registered
2004 fatboy, 2014 SGS and 2019 heritage
264 Posts
Here's the magazine's website:

Run it through Google translate and it says "The heart of the Road Glide is the Milwaukee-Eight 131 = 2151cc!! This is a bold prediction of the 120th anniversary model that will definitely appear as a '23 model..." Note the word "prediction"? It's just a guess, not necessarily based on fact.

Theyre correct that there is an anniversary edition Road Glide, but wrong about the 131.
You and kainam need to stop, Santa is watching.

· Registered
2022 HD Low Rider ST EL Diablo
134 Posts
If HD comes out with an almost identical (aside from the colors) version of the EL Diablo, whether it's part of the Icon Collection, 120th Anniversary, or just a color option, I'm selling mine.

What's the point of creating a limited edition bike with a special paint design, only to turn around the very next year and put it out again, just with a different color? I didn't buy mine as investment. I bought it because I like the paint and I knew it wouldn't look like every other FXLRST out there.

Maybe if HD would stop using the same 5 colors in rotation every other year...If the rumors are to be believed, two shades of yellow are going to be on like 90% of the bikes. The other is some off-gray-steel looking color. Of course, can't forget Vivid Black. One of HD's prime colors is orange, and it's only being offered on the Street Glide Standard.

· Registered
134 Posts
After doing more research, I've come to the following conclusions:

None of these bikes are real. They are artist renderings based on what this magazine hopes HD could consider for the 120th anniversary.

Of those, the only one I see as being plausible - maybe the XR1200 - new Icon Collection model, perhaps? IMHO, I don't think it'd be such a great idea to create an Icon or Anniversary entry based on the Sportster, when they just killed the last air-cooled Sporty model ever.

We won't see a 131 in any "regular" production HD bike. HD makes incremental moves in displacement, leaving those who want more power to go the Screamin' Eagle, crate engine, or aftermarket route.

The Breakout (at least here in the USA) has been discontinued for years now. I don't see them bringing it back, even as an anniversary model.

· Registered
2,017 Posts
^^^Chinese Harleys. WTF? No wonder they might be for training purposes. Who would buy that?

· Registered
134 Posts
A few thoughts:

Are these Chinese-assembled HD's based on HD specs and whatnot, or did HD just make an agreement to basically take another bike (the Benelli 353S for example) change some of the plasticy bits and throw an HD sticker on it?

People complain that HD doesn't have any affordable bikes (Even the Iron 883 at ~$10K isn't realistic for a lot of people, especially as their first bike), but they put out the Street series and the HD faithful turned their back on it, and it sold poorly. I get it. I want a USA made bike by a USA owned company. I started riding later in life though, so I had the expendable funds to jump into a brand-new Iron 883 as my first bike (admittedly, I probably should've started with a used bike).

Many Gen-Z either can't afford, or can't justify spending the money on that kind of bike. They've been brought up in a culture where Amazon will have it at your doorstep in 2 days (or less) and will save you 50% if you buy the overseas knock-off, rather than the made in the USA one. They don't have the patriotism and pride built into them like we do.

That said, I've always believed that HD should have some small-displacement bikes that can be used as HD Riding Academy bikes, then those newly minted riders can walk into the showroom and buy the exact model bike that they just spent the weekend with on the range.

HD needs to make up its collective mind. They can either go the way things were in the '90s - upscale (almost boutique) brand where there's scarcity and sign up lists to get your hands on one. Or they can see the writing on the wall and realize that their core customer is aging out and they need to do what they can to bring in new riders AND keep the bigger, more expensive models.

Today's Gen-Z noob rider tooling around on a 350cc-500cc HD that they spent ~$5K on is tomorrow's seasoned rider walking in and getting ready to drop ~$30-large on a HD touring model.

The brand itself will never die (as long as motorcycles still exist and aren't legislated away for being "too dangerous"), but I prefer the HD that makes bikes (even if some of the beginner bikes are made overseas), rather than the HD that just sells overpriced clothing, riding gear, and parts/accessories- which are also largely made overseas, for what it's worth.

Just my .02HP, FWIW.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts