Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to put 13" apes on my 2009 roadking classic. Has any one done that yet. If so what cables do I have to order? Thanks

·
Registered
623 Posts
Dave - one of ur favorites-----

·
Registered
81 Posts
After your done the intro , here`s a link to Drag Specialties, they supply/ sell a bunch of that stuff, here`s a link to their "Cables" Section, take a look, should be able to order it from any HD dealer.

http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbook/2

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm going to put 13" apes on my 2009 roadking classic. Has any one done that yet. If so what cables do I have to order? Thanks
Try www.hillcountrycustomcycles.com or try their ebay store. Hill Country Custom Cycles. Good people to work with. They will get you the complete setup. With internal wiring, Chrome controls, with SS cables. Good luck:thumb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all. It must be either hard or shops don't want to do it. I have asked a few shops how much and they have not got back with me hummmmm Guess I will have to tackle it. Good thing it's winter here ..

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wound up putting mini-apes on our King so I didn't have to reach quite so far forward. I used the minis for a season and then went full bore with full ape-hangers. They sweep back to meet me just fine so now I don't have that annoying ache in the back of my shoulder...as I'm sure you're already aware, you can't put risers on the Road King Classic because of the moulding on the steering head (unless you're fond of cutting holes in your chrome). Anyway, I've got the apes in a position that's about 20 degrees off vertically in line with the forks. Works great and I really enjoy it. I didn't need new cables for the mini-apes, but I did require all new cabling with the longer ape hangers. I decided to hell with it, since I needed new cabling anyway, I went with braided lines...the look is AWESOME! One of these days I'll put a couple of pics up. The problem I'm having is that I'd like to put up new pics showing all the new bling on the bike...but I put more stuff on the bike than I take pictures...*grin*. Soon though...promise! We should have some good ones from Florida. We have an 04 Road King Classic....and just so you know, by the time we paid for the new handlebars, cabling, labour etc, it cost me just shy of $1500. It ain't cheap, but it looks like a million bucks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So Rob you are saying that I might get away with just putting on the minis and using the wires and cables I have on the Bike now? Any comments on that folks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem Richard...that's the way it worked with our King...and your King and ours are practically the same...I don't see where it should be a problem. I'm not mechanically inclined, so I have my work done by the local dealer...and being the money hungry grub that he is...trust me...if I needed new cabling and wires, he would have put them on without batting an eye...you should be good to go.

·
Registered
133 Posts
its not that hard to change the bars .. you will need a TBW extension- Longer brake lines - longer Clutch Cable and a few hours of time .. Also if you got ABS you will possibly need the moco to bleed the Brakes they have the computer to bleed the ABS pump no one else at this time does.. I say possibly because if you can chane it with almost no fluid loss or air in line you should be fine ..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts