Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 13 road king that will stutter and hesitate when I give it throttle. I just bought this last week from a Harley dealer and finally went out on a long ride and this started happening. Any ideas?

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,096 Posts
Bring back to dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,211 Posts
Dealer's problem...bring it back.

·
Senior Flatulant
1,047 Posts
Welcome from PA!

Yep, it sounds dealer problem.

Unless of course, you filled it up with some bad gas.

Keep us posted.

Oh, and did I mention, we like pictures!

Cheers,
Smoketown

·
Registered
437 Posts
Number of miles might suggest if it is ready for an air filter, fuel filter and spark plugs. Could just be a dirty fuel system if it has never had any injector cleaner run through it. Many like Techron, others like Sea Foam, I like Berryman Chemtool. If you decide to try one of those, do the math for the correct amount for 6 gallons of gas. One bottle usually treats 15 to 20 gallons for cars. 1/3 of the container would be about right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah I know that feeling. After taking everything apart and changing plugs and new filter. I’ll never buy gas at that station again

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,109 Posts
If taking it back to the dealer isn't an option, run a few tanks of seafoam through, ride it like ya stole it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the dealer had the bike for 3 weeks, they replaced the induction module pins and reset air to fuel value. I went out today and after 15 miles it started stuttering/hesitating, and also a couple of backfires. I’m at a loss and have to contact the dealer when they open on Tuesday. Thanks for the responses

1 - 9 of 9 Posts