Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so when I ride about 75 mikes hard my oil light comes on for like 5 miles then goes off Wht can it be

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Do you mean it comes on while you are riding? After 75 miles? The light coming on could mean NO OIL PRESSURE, or a defective switch or loose wire. I see it's a 2014.....take it to the dealer, now.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Do you mean it comes on while you are riding? After 75 miles? The light coming on could mean NO OIL PRESSURE, or a defective switch or loose wire. I see it's a 2014.....take it to the dealer, now.
+1:thumbsup

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have wouldn't come on for them went and got it wouldn't come on for me it seems like it only comes on when I am coming home from lil over hour away down the same way

·
Registered
177 Posts
Have wouldn't come on for them went and got it wouldn't come on for me it seems like it only comes on when I am coming home from lil over hour away down the same way
Please have someone translate this into English so we can understand what you are trying to say.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Have wouldn't come on for them went and got it wouldn't come on for me it seems like it only comes on when I am coming home from lil over hour away down the same way/

Translation:

"I already took it to the dealership and the tech reported 'could not replicate'. So, I went back to the dealership and rode it to make the light come on, but it wouldn't for me either. It seems like it only comes on when I'm heading home from over an hour away."

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Good translation. As was said earlier, could be a switch or loose wire. You rode the bike 1 hour both ways without the motor seizing so you had oil pressure. Go buy a good oil pressure gauge and don't just depend on an oil light.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Is this bike still under warranty? If so I wouldn't be buying anything. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Camp out at the dealer and keep complaining. Escalate the issue until it is resolved. Be polite but firm. JMO

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
You need to escalate this issue while it is still under warranty. Formal complaint to HD maybe in order. List each time you took it in and what was done. How often you have had the issue. If you don't pursue the issue, you will end up living with it. Don't take no for an answer.
"Nice guys finish last"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts