Harley Davidson Forums banner

14' Iron Forward Controls

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  capttxrngr 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 Iron 883, I want to put forward controls on the bike as I was demoing a lot of bikes at Phoenix bike fest and all of them had forward controls and realized how much I want to stretch my legs out.

Anyways I am wondering if any one knows what the difference is between the 04-13 and the 14-15 Forward controls, from what I can tell its just the brake side linkage, so my question is if I were able to find 04-13 forward controls would I be able to make them work with the 2014-2015 if I got new linkage or are there other differences?

#2 ·
Without looking directly at a 2014 the only difference between that I know 100% is that they moved the master cylinder from the shift side to the brake side idk if that affects it I can take a couple of pics of my controls on my 2013 if it helps. Jp cycles has a note that their 2013 forwards sets will fit with a different brake rod is purchased from HD

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#3 ·
I have a 14 XL1200C. Was looking at forward controls and only found 2" or 3" extensions. That is until I found Accutronix. Was able to get 6" extensions from them. And they are also located here in Phoenix if I am not mistaken. Check them out. Great customer service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.