Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking of trading my 05 Electra glide classic with 70k in and buying a 14 limited with nav. I believe it's a Rushmore. Been reading posts on here for a year or so and know to watch the clutch and the radio upgrades. Anything else to watch?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Just the open road as you cruise. Great bike. Go for it.

.…...........................................

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
There's really nothing to watch about the clutch just make sure both of the Recalls have been taken care of or have them taken care of.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Almost 12K (one year of ownership) on mine with no issues. Had the clutch recalls preformed but never noticed any issue before hand either. Also there was a brake line recall too. They will replace if one under then tank was chaffed or just add another tie to it to keep it in place.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My 14 Limited is 10 months old with 18K miles. I had serious problems with the (wobble) neck bearing and had to replace the front tire at 10k. The usual assortment of recalls have been done. Both back speakers been replaced twice and a couple of switches cracked. No complaints all covered under warrantee except the premature wear on the front tire. Back tire was just replaced at 16K.
Great cruiser.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just looked at a 15 limited today,came home and my wife said 3 more semesters of college to pay for and then the daughters wedding.then I can go buy whatever I want,by then I will be broke!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We both have been married twice and have no real plans of doing that again. She is more interested in buying it than I. Love the bike and the color is growing on me. Just don't want the payments.

·
Vile Deplorable
1,441 Posts
The only problem I have with my '14 limited is keeping it near the speed limit. Great bike!

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's a no-brainer!

Wow. Thanks for the info! Guess I have to buy it. My gf said the bike or a wedding. That's a threat I won't take lightly lol.
Man! That's the easiest choice I ever heard of. It's a win-win (for you, anyway) no matter how you look at it!

Don't let her try to back out of the agreement after you get that new bike!!

Cheers,

JP

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have over 8,000 miles in about 7 months. No problems best bike I ever owned.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought mine last August. Have 4500 miles on it. At 2700 miles, it started randomly (sometimes 200 miles, sometimes 1000) dumping antifreeze. Took it to two dealers with no change. The third took the system apart, flushed it, and found a small piece of aluminum. It's been about 600 miles with no problems.

Other than that it's a great bike and have not had any other problems.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.