Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
My 92 years old father never had a motorcycle nor did he ever ride one but he is so excited with my new Road King. He likes to observe my departures from the garage. He suggests itineraries for me. He speaks up for my return to motorcycling after a break of 23 years. He often makes a sad comment like “one should do such things while he still can”. I am 60, already, so this remark makes me further appreciate my life in general and my Harley in particular.

He finally said that he wants to ride my Harley. He specified that he would like to be a pillion passenger, only! He had never been even a pillion passenger on any motorcycle so far. I hesitated for a while but he repeated his desire so resolvedly that I could not turn a deaf ear.

He is not always healthy enough for this but he actually is. So, I gave him what he wanted so desperately with pleasure, but also with some worry. Fortunately, nothing went wrong. My father was happy like a kid with a new toy. The assistance of my friends was invaluable. They also filmed the event. Enjoy the vid showing my Road King trotting round passengers with a total of 152 years of age. Sorry for the wind noise:

Even if both of the above links seem to work, I have not been able to insert the video clip properly. Could someone please be of help? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup
Great video, great experience and memory for both of you. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Orhan, what a beautiful experience for you and your father. The look on his face was priceless. I bet he will take you up on another ride!

·
Try'n to behave
6,280 Posts
That was fantastic! I hope to one day be able to do the same thing with my father.

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
Great video. I wish I could understand what you were saying, but the facial expression transcends all language barriers. Good Video.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Orhan,

That is a priceless memory you created. I know you allowed your father to tap into that two wheeled "Being Alive" feeling we all seek when we ride.

Thanks for sharing your special times with your Dad.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
Great job! That is a priceless memory that you will have forever.

·
Banned
71 Posts
My 92 years old father never had a motorcycle nor did he ever ride one but he is so excited with my new Road King. He likes to observe my departures from the garage. He suggests itineraries for me. He speaks up for my return to motorcycling after a break of 23 years. He often makes a sad comment like “one should do such things while he still can”. I am 60, already, so this remark makes me further appreciate my life in general and my Harley in particular.

He finally said that he wants to ride my Harley. He specified that he would like to be a pillion passenger, only! He had never been even a pillion passenger on any motorcycle so far. I hesitated for a while but he repeated his desire so resolvedly that I could not turn a deaf ear.

He is not always healthy enough for this but he actually is. So, I gave him what he wanted so desperately with pleasure, but also with some worry. Fortunately, nothing went wrong. My father was happy like a kid with a new toy. The assistance of my friends was invaluable. They also filmed the event. Enjoy the vid showing my Road King trotting round passengers with a total of 152 years of age. Sorry for the wind noise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGPi6KGafNk&feature=youtu.be

https://youtu.be/WGPi6KGafNk

Even if both of the above links seem to work, I have not been able to insert the video clip properly. Could someone please be of help? Thanks.
I don' care what anyone says..you Sir are a good son . :thumbsup :thumbsup :)

·
NevRL8
187 Posts
very very cool, a lifetime event. thanks for posting that.

wind noise, hahaha. a reminder that ear plugs are not for noisy pipes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That was fantastic ,loved watching. That is a gift neither one of you will ever forget nor can nobody ever take it away!

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
awesomeness right there, yessir! thanks for sharing, wish I could have done that with my dad.
humble regards,
dave

·
red sport.
382 Posts
great Video, very touching, I made a comment below 1st. You Tube Video, I posted your location & your entire post on FB.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
Thanks for taking us along for that ride. :thumb

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Orhan, that was wonderful. I was smiling through the entire video.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts