Harley Davidson Forums banner

180 tire on 06 road glide?

10K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  EvoRK 
#1 ·
what all is needed to put the 180 under my 06 road glide

im thinking 09 rear wheel and pulley, and newer fender, would everything else mount up? im needing to order a belt and rear pulley anyways
im hoping i can put the thinner belt and pulley on now and get the rear wheel later

any insight from experienced members on doing the swap would be great

#2 ·
New frame. The swingarm won't bolt in to use larger tire.

#6 ·
yea the swing arm does not need to be changed..its just going to a thinner pulley and im being told an 07 cvo rear wheel is different ..im kinda just wanting an offset rear pulley for a thinner belt..im only needing 15mm of room and am aware ill need the newer rear fender

#9 ·
See how this works! I am so grateful for the members here. I have spent some much time looking for this topic in the internet and couldn't find crap! I knew there had to be differences in side wall thickness however I could quite get the info I knew I was needing and low and behold here it was. I've been successful in putting the 18 inch billet rim with the inch and a half pulley on my bike the Meltzer tire that came with it well I glad I know that t e Avon Cobra is what I'm gonna need to get the smug more clearance that I'm looking for.