Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a client drop off a bit of a mess that he wants turned into a runner and then to sell on consignment for him.

The engine is a 53 Pan, it's a foot shift model. Carb is an SU, and has electronic ignition and a 12v conversion alternator. The frame seems to be close to that era, but can't tell for sure, the front down tubes are wishbone, not straight and its a hard tail with a pogo stick. Oil tank was sorta shoved in there, and does not fit the bike.

Wheels and forks are from what looks like a mid 70's glide of some sort, dual discs in front and single disc in back, 16 inchers front and rear, mini apes with oddball controls. Tank is a two piece that has poorly welded brackets to make it fit. Front fender came from who knows where and doesn't fit, rear fender is a repro trap door with plastic tombstone light.

I'll update with pic tomorrow.

So, what I'll need help with is any info on proper lube hose routing, as what's there is not complete, with lots of dead ends and cuts. Plus help with identifying the frame, as I've had lots of "help" saying they think it's this or that. I want to know where I can get a definitive answer.

And before I sink a ton of my time into this... What will a fully running, cleanly wired, hosed, sorted out bike of this type be worth?

Thanks for your help.

Pics tomorrow!

Cheers,

RD

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,145 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
We had a client drop off a bit of a mess that he wants turned into a runner and then to sell on consignment for him.

The engine is a 53 Pan, it's a foot shift model. Carb is an SU, and has electronic ignition and a 12v conversion alternator. The frame seems to be close to that era, but can't tell for sure, the front down tubes are wishbone, not straight and its a hard tail with a pogo stick. Oil tank was sorta shoved in there, and does not fit the bike.

Wheels and forks are from what looks like a mid 70's glide of some sort, dual discs in front and single disc in back, 16 inchers front and rear, mini apes with oddball controls. Tank is a two piece that has poorly welded brackets to make it fit. Front fender came from who knows where and doesn't fit, rear fender is a repro trap door with plastic tombstone light.

I'll update with pic tomorrow.

So, what I'll need help with is any info on proper lube hose routing, as what's there is not complete, with lots of dead ends and cuts. Plus help with identifying the frame, as I've had lots of "help" saying they think it's this or that. I want to know where I can get a definitive answer.

And before I sink a ton of my time into this... What will a fully running, cleanly wired, hosed, sorted out bike of this type be worth?

Thanks for your help.

Pics tomorrow!

Cheers,

RD
Worth more in parts than as a complete running bike. :)

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :thumbsup:thumbsup
My opinion also. The engine itself will be worth as much as a running Frankenpan, especially if the engine is completely correct to itself. I have a Frankenshovel that NOTHING matches. L&R engine cases don't even match. :mad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts