Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my case with a new one. Now I can't get the motor mount bolts in. Looks like case is hitting back motor mounts. Any suggestions? It is a S&S case and it is oem new old stock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a shop do the swap. I am just putting bike back together. Yes it is a stock frame. This is my first harley, and I don't have the tools or the know how to take the motor apart. Thanks for the suggestion. It never crossed my mind to call S&S.

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
Matt,

Where are you located in Indiana? I will be up that way in a couple weeks hopefully.

-Rohan

·
Retired citizen
22,068 Posts
Loosen up the trans plate, install the engine, align the drive train and tighten everything down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Noble county, Osborns swapped case. And did alot more to the motor.They did a great job. The stock case had a crack in it and was leaking oil bad. No one could ride behind me or they would be covered in oil. I did loosen trans plat and pulled every thing back as far as it will go. Motor is about 1/8' too far foward and 1/8 ' too far to the left. I got ahold of a shop and they told me they have had the same problem and I need to grind some relief on the case so it can move back to position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts