Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post up the process of painting my shovelhead over the past three or four months now. Not done yet but here is all of the updates from start to finish.

Going to strip some of the stock trim and clean it up a bit. So it will entail filling holes and a bit of body work to fill the tank emblems in. Have a few dents that needed filling anyway. Also planning on possibly changing the 4speed trans with a 6spd, possibly some engine work to a bigger displacement. We'll see.

Here is what I am starting with:

Looking good, but getting old and time for a change

Tins stripped off the bike:

Some parts getting prepped:

Some update on progress. Base was layer down, then some airbrushing. Followed by candy red and clear for the first part. Next will come the tribals, then black on the bottom, and more clear.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Still some more things to do. The bottom half needs to be painted black and then it needs a few coats of clear, some hand sanding and polishing before it is done, but getting there.

A little more progress. The black has been layed. Now to do the logo and the clear coat and polishing.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I have to assume that this is not your first rodeo?

I love it. Both the design and the execution are outstanding.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
WOW! Wish I could do that!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got some time to install today finally. Had to do some modifications for the new taillight and got the rest of the wiring done and the dash installed. Ran the wiring for the rear fender and hooked up all the lines. I have a leak in the fuel line so haven't been able to ride it yet. Will get to that and then time to tune it.

Front fender on.

The rest of the tins

New taillight

Couple outside

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got it out and rode about 5 miles to work. Was a little chilly but was great to finally get some fresh gas in the tanks after so long.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts