Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at bikes and recently stumbled on a killer bike but not sure how to price it. As the title says it is advertised as a 1977 Electra Glide that has 1000 miles on it since the restoration. Can anyone give me advice on what to look for and where you'd price the bike. I'll post a picture as well. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
It looks good from the picture, though the picture is really too small to tell much. Restored is not the right term though, because so much is not correct. A ballpark guess would be $6-7k, more or less. It would have to be pretty nice to fetch $7k. If it has problems, it could be below $6k.

I have a '77 FLH.

·
Retired citizen
24,506 Posts
A good way to find out how much a vehicle is worth is to ask your insurance agent how much it can be insured for.

·
Just Ride
3,887 Posts
A shovelhead is not a good first bike unless you can wrench.

·
Just Ride
3,887 Posts
I would never discourage someone from buying an old bike. The worst that could happen is an education.
Not discouraging, warning.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I can only speak from what I've seen those exact years going for fully restored in that condition in my area. The sellers ask between $7500-$10,000 and they usually sell. I live in Virginia between the beach and Richmond so this is over a region of about 250 miles. I think if you could get that bike for under $8000 you got a very good deal. By the way if you don't already, start a solid workout routine or you'll get worn out fast polishing all that chrome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you are comfortable with a wrench, and can follow instructions I wouldn't hesitate to buy a classic. A good book is as important as are the tools, and if the price is right you can usually get your investment back if you need to sell. I have been riding and wrenching for 35 years but I wouldn't recommend a fixer unless you also have a rider in your garage. Some folks tend to hurry-up a repair to get on the road, and this can lead to costly mistakes later!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts