Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1980 FLH stock 1200, stock sht metal, trumpet horn, and am in process/upgrading to Keinin CV. When parts shop was sizing manifold adapter (Mikuni rubber clamp on) I was told CV is "large bore" type (90 TA AL CG. Off a Sporty I think).

Going to band type aircraft clamps over O-ring manifold. May have to remove matl from clamp side flanges for clamps to fit better against jugs/heads. Don't want to remove matl from jugs/heads. Must fig best orientation of clamps to allow install/removal from around trumpet power pak.

Am told I can stay w/ sgl throttle cable as CV return spring is plenty. Am concerned CV's throttle cable brkt is 1" taller than stk Keihin & how is throttle cable going to fit under fuel tank & make turndown into cable brkt?

To hold CV will fab 2 brkts (1) to mnt to frames' top mtr mnt brkt & (1) to top of carb to overlap & bolt together. Have 7" rd HD cleaner want to keep. Expect will modify cleaner backing plt to match CV holes & plug left overs.

Any fuel routing/best fuel filter ideas? Any forum discussions/pics re: this out there?

·
Retired citizen
24,282 Posts
My '81 FLHS has a CV, no fitup problems. Single throttle cable fits under tank no problem.
Suggestion, put another spacer between the carb and manifold or the AC will contact the tank. Put the AC on the carb then put the carb against the manifold and you'll see what I mean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts