Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
needing info
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a good day to all, the name is Peter T. new to the Harley world. I have always wanted but never had the opportunity to put one together and enjoy the ride. found one in the back of a friends garage in a few pieces well more than a few. asked what he wanted for the poor thing.
what ya got was the reply, i had a very old hot tub with some ailments,the trade was done. now it is in my garage, of course in pieces. the frame has bin safetied, so it is a go. the casings are a bust, but have found a 1983 1000xls according to the numbers. purchased a Haynes service & repair manual . now have to fined a parts catalog for a 1981-83 ,having fun with this one . any ideas. i shall see what i can do to help ,have a feeling that i will be the one needing the help thou.

Finally, happy to be here. I thank you for being here. :DeadHorse:

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,509 Posts
Welcome aboard! There's a lot of good folks here with good information. I'm currently in the learning phase of a restoration myself. Good luck to ya!

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Welcome aboard Oldtimer.
Sounds like an interesting project.
PS: We like photos:)

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome to the forum from New Hampshire

·
needing info
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the welcomes. yes i like the photo's also (also half naked women and da beer) at saying that photo's will happen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts