Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On August 17th, I will be the proud owner of a COMPLETELY STOCK 1986 FXRS (Lowrider). A friend of mine has decided he is too old to ride. Due to his health issues and self realization, he gave me a deal I can't pass up. What is even more amazing is that he has done nothing to the bike over the past 33 years other than routine maintenance. It has absolutely NO aftermarket parts and the engine is completely stock.

I promised him two things when he agreed to the deal.
1) I would not flip the bike (super awesome deal!)
2) I would ride it!

Since this is my first HD (ridden Victory, Honda and Ural for the last 27 years), I am looking forward to this bike! If there was ever a HD I've been interested in, an early EVO FXR is certainly it!

Though I will certainly ride it, it will be kept stock and I hope go to "vintage" shows with a completely stock mid '80s HD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good luck keeping it stock

·
Proud Infidel
2,598 Posts
If there was ever a HD I've been interested in, an early EVO FXR is certainly it!
I've always coveted all FXRs since inception. That's why I own a 1990 FXRS.

Welcome and keep it as stock as you can. And don't look to the MoCo for much. They don't care for antique bikes.

Sent from here to there.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Though I will certainly ride it, it will be kept stock and I hope go to "vintage" shows with a completely stock mid '80s HD.
Making me "feel" vintage...
Welcome to the forum, and to a new attitude as well. You'll understand my meaning in short order, its just different on a Harley!:grin

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thats great..I just bought a 1988 fxr lowrider..Great bike...There is so much stuff you can do but stock is great plus parts are expensive...Great luck to you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts