Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you make a custom exhaust for an 1989 evo motor. like a badass set of drags.. i belive the 89 evos is the same motor upintill an 98

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
You can make a set of custom exhaust for just about any bike on the market.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
All you need are the end fittings that go to the motor, and you go from there.....

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
Cut the flanges of the old set of pipes and construct from there.
or Builtwell sells a complete build it your self kit with all the flanges and pipes youll need.Alot of people i know used it and its A-1!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i have no exhaust at all... I Would like a nice short drap pipe.. i thought you had to have a certain amount of backpressure

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
well i have no exhaust at all... I Would like a nice short drap pipe.. i thought you had to have a certain amount of backpressure

You need EXHAUST VELOCITY. Backpressure is created by baffling.

The diameter of your pipes are as important as the backpressure. Short pipes, even at 1-3/4", generally cause too much cylinder heat to be effective and take away from bottom end/midrange torque. Their only values would be at high RPMs......

There are other options though.... Torque cones, Internal restrictors and of course, longer, but cool pipes. :thumb

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i guess i will wait till i fet it almost together and then work on the pipes to see what looks good.... right now im alittle unhappy i was told the frame had a 40 rake.. and its only a 34... i dunno what it will look like now

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts