Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is very basic just looking for some quick info. I am new to this forum and to the mechanical world of motorcycles. Should the filter on my carb be black and moist? correct? It shouldn't be dry right? mine is barely black and seems very dry. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the air filter in the carburetor is what I am talking about I am sorry if I didn't specify enough my apologies.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try to understand as I know very little about the mechanical aspects of my motorcycle which is why I am beyond happy that i found this forum. I was hoping to look to this community for guidance. Especially considering I have been accept into MMI in Florida and plan on attending in January!

Thanks for all the help and support so far guys!

·
Registered
39,573 Posts
Depends on if that is a stock filter or aftermarket that you have. Are there any numbers moulded into the rubber seal that may help identify your particular filter?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I think I'll go to my local dealer today have it checked out. I try to do my best to keep my bike in the best working order. I've had new brakes put on it, exhaust system, belt drive, and tires, oil change, and a gear replaced don't remember what it was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts