Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, new here.
i have a 1990 fatboy, when i am riding at around 20 - 30 mph my carb cough's. i have had the carb rebuilt twice and still does this. does any one have any idea on what to do to correct this, i am ready to burn the damn thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the intake seals last year befor she went into storage. I have gone through the whole air intake system and check or replaced every thing.

·
Registered
341 Posts
next time you have the carb off, butter lube the "O" rings in RTV when you install the intake manafold. have someone hold it level & tighten the nuts, don't overtighten them. let it cure overnight &then install the carb.
i found if you remove the hex. plug, rotate the engine so you can see the timeing mark. clean it off with ccarb cleaner on a "Q" tip, let it dry then get some white floresent paint & use a brum straw to fill in the timeing mark & let it dry overnight.
go to your manual for specs. you can goggle it, but you have to know your bikes specs.

·
Just Ride
3,053 Posts

·
Retired citizen
22,546 Posts
Also there should be a #48 pilot jet in there replacing the oem #42 jet. If the jet was replaced during the rebuild it would be listed on your R.O. and you would have paid for it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Stage 1? If so what jets. Stage 1 in my state 45 pilot 190 main. 48 is to rich and leaves a Vapor trail that pisses people off that follow!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts