Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what size is this piston? its a KB....says 266 on the side (which when i look it up its .010), underneath the piston it says 030(which is what the previous owner said it was....and it has a 10 on the other side, which im assuming is 10:5:1 compression ratio?

what piston kit do i need! and can u order just one piston? im only finding sets?

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
If I were going to just replace one piston, I would probably go ahead and just do jugs, pistons, cam, and possibly heads while I was at it to include new valve springs. If you budget allows I mean.

-Rohan

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
If I were going to just replace one piston, I would probably go ahead and just do jugs, pistons, cam, and possibly heads while I was at it to include new valve springs.
-Rohan
Read that back to yourself and see if it makes sense...

If I were going to replace just one piston.....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, i found the piston on there webpage, but underneath the piston its stamped 030....i have a junk micrometer...it read rougly 3.5" but obviously thats not accurate enough...
im gonna just but a new set in, but want to make sure that its 30 over........

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
well, i found the piston on there webpage, but underneath the piston its stamped 030....i have a junk micrometer...it read rougly 3.5" but obviously thats not accurate enough...
im gonna just but a new set in, but want to make sure that its 30 over........
If the jugs were already bored .030" over, then have the jugs mic'd at a machine shop, with a bore mic, before ordering ANYTHING.

If the bore is damaged, or oblonged or tapered, (has to be bored with torque plates.) then you're newly ordered .030" pistons are wothless, because you needed .040" pistons to fit the newly cleaned up bore.

Ring gap will also have to be reset on new rings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts