Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all: Just picked up the bike I have been looking for now for about 6 months or so, a '92 FatBoy, similar to the one in Terminator 2, although that bike was actually a '91. Pretty much mostly stock, but will need to find a couple of items along the way to get it back to stock, I will be posting some pics shortly. Any tips or anything special to look for and/or be aware of with this specific model? Always appreciate other people's experience and advice when getting involved with something new.

** *Regards, Chris.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Howdy from San Antonio

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
avoider of idiots
6,551 Posts
welcome from kansas!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Welcome. Most real problems with your '92 have likely been sorted out by now. A few common Evo problems to not worry about are, oil weeping (not dripping) from left cyl. base corners, slight oil leak from rocker box corners, slight oil leak from stator plug in front and a few others. They are common to Evo's and in my opinion, are not worth the trouble to address until you go in for some other reason. OH, remember that bike uses DOT 5 brake fluid, which should be changed if it doesn't look purple. Enjoy that FB.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. Just got back from vacation, and should be picking up the bike this week after getting it inspected. Will post pics shortly as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts