Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey new guy here, but not new to bikes just Harleys.
Well I was recently gifted this bike from my old man who hates to sell anything so I of course said sure! Then promptly sold my Yamaha R6.
The bike is great the way it sits for most, but I have never been able to leave well enough alone so here is a thread on my build.
Currently the bike has 1200 big bore kit, windshield, saddle bags, and custom paint job.
The bags, and windshield are leaving.

Parts purchased so far:

Road6customs: 16" black apes, and 4inch lowering rigid struts

Smt Machining: Black revolver assassin grips and pegs

TC Bros Choppers: Black Forward controls (no pegs), Black Tornado Knurled shift peg and brake peg

Jp Cycles: Black Bassani Sweeper pipes, Torque cones, Arlen Ness Stage II Big Sucker

Cruisercustomizing: Kuryakyn Torpedo brake turn tails, Kuryakyn load equalizer, Black Arlen Ness Rad III Teardrop Mirrors.

That's the list so far. I still need to get a seat, License plate bracket, and white wall tires. other odds and ends I haven't seen or heard of yet haha.

Pictures will be added as I progress though this.

Any big things I need to watch out for? I know i'm going to have to do a little something to the carb when I add the pipes and AC, but I'm still trying to find out if anything was done to it when the 1200 kit was added.

As it sits now:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the forward controls on over the weekend. Still waiting for a pile of parts to show up however. Went fairly smooth except for the instructions sucked. 1. the only way to get the mid control pedal off is to take the sprocket cover off the bike then hope to god you have a socket that will actually fit into the spot the nut is. I didn't so out came the sawzall. (didn't get a picture after that since I had to hurry up and get somewhere) Also when removing foot rest on the primary side it never said anything about putting spacers on those bolts and reinstalling them otherwise the primary with leak. It's easily noticed, but would have been a nice heads up.

Still need to adjust the shifter linkage, but waiting to get my exhaust first so I can actually ride it and adjust need be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts