Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the forum and was looking for an answer to a question. I own a 1980 FLH and am thinking about buying a second bike, it is a 1994 H.D. FXRP-W according to the ad that it is posted in. I know what the FXRP stands for, but does anybody know what the W stands for. I thought I knew a lot about older Harley's but I sure don't know about this.

Thanks
T

·
Administrator
13,275 Posts
I don't believe there was a W.

It's the FXR with the police fairing? Cool bike.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
I have a HD year by year data book that has been very reliable. It lists the 1994 FXRP as a CHIP bike only. There's no mention of -W. Most all police models have orange switch levers for official accessories. But after all these years, it's very likely they were changed.

Edit: I just looked in another book, and it shows sub model FXRP -W = windshield, FXRP - F=fairing. The vin will have 1EDL in it.

·
Administrator
13,275 Posts
Edit: I just looked in another book, and it shows sub model FXRP -W = windshield, FXRP - F=fairing. The vin will have 1EDL in it.
Cool find. I never heard of that designation before. I thought all "P" FXR's had the fairing.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Cool find. I never heard of that designation before. I thought all "P" FXR's had the fairing.
Just to be clear, it's not a FXRPW, the w and F are not listed as model or sub models. The vin is the only data/designation that shows if it was windshield or fairing police bike. AND my knowledge comes from a book, the Connecticut State Police Harley id manual.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome from central Florida.

·
luv the low country
20,330 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.