Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im very new to this site and this is my first post here. I am working on a 95' Hugger 883 for a friend of mine and the bike didnt start for over a year. We took the carb apart and cleaned it. Then put in new intake seals for the head and a new seal for the carb to intake. Added a new battery and got the bike idling perfect now,but when we throttle it up it chokes itself out ? What am I missing ? What it acts like is the old points when they went bad it just sputtered and didnt want to accelerate anymore...could it be the ignition module ? I got away from working on bikes for many years an now getting back into it...Thankfully my 07' 1200 xl custom gets me some wind when I get frustrated....lol

Any help I would be appreciated...ty !!:feedback:

·
Just Ride
3,733 Posts
Rebuild the carb ,cleaning missed something.

·
Retired citizen
24,277 Posts
If you had the main jet out during rebuilding the carb and the needle jet fell out you might have put it back in upside down.
Looking into the bottom of the carb the jet should not be flat, should be tapered where the needle goes into it.
The jet fits into the main jet tube either way so it's easy enough to put in upside down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts