Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43,113 Posts
Looks like some of the stuff got char-broiled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like the magic smoke escaped!
That might be repairable if you have a good local electronics repair guy.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
Looks like the magic smoke escaped!
That might be repairable if you have a good local electronics repair guy.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply.Hope someone on the forum might know of used speedometer.This was first year of the Electronic.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
.......... usually the back wires are hot.......
In house wiring, but in electronics much more often black wires are ground. Red is hot. Hope you find something to replace it.

I am not good at forensic inspections but in your picture there is a black wire loose. If it contacted something with voltage on it you would have a direct short to ground. That does have a tendency to let the smoke out.

·
Just Ride
3,886 Posts
Looks like a diode burnt also.Can't remember who rebuilds then. When I do I'll pass it on.

Reactions: WiSeNhEiMeR

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In house wiring, but in electronics much more often black wires are ground. Red is hot. Hope you find something to replace it.

I am not good at forensic inspections but in your picture there is a black wire loose. If it contacted something with voltage on it you would have a direct short to ground. That does have a tendency to let the smoke out.
Thanks a lot. Was filling up bike and my son said he smelled something burning.Push bike away from pump and saw just a puff of smoke.Thought it was over.Started the bike lost the speedometer and the odometer mileage.Started it up and bike still runs like a top.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts