Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys I have a low rider 1340 1995. when i try to start the bike it is difficult to turn the engine over. when i went to start it there was a bang from somewhere and I thought it was the starter,so
I have replaced the starter and checked the earth cable.
remover the primary cover and the starter engages but don't have enough guts to turn the engine. remover the spark plugs to see if it turned over and jumped it from a car battery. still very little movement.
someone said replace the main circuit breaker but I can't see what this would have to do with the engine not turning over.

HELP PLEASE GUYS

hoping it's not a complete strip down

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
It sounds like you may have multiple things going on that are not necessarily related.

You heard a bang so you replaced the starter. Was it difficult to turn it over before you did this?

Did you use an OEM starter or an aftermarket?

Did you check the battery for proper voltage, and load test it?

·
Retired citizen
24,290 Posts
New starter and jumped from a car battery with the plugs removed and still won't crank the engine over ... That sounds like there might be something tight inside the engine.
If the bike's battery is weak the jump start might not work. Make sure the bike battery is fully charged, 12.8v minimum.
Otherwise the drive chain can be removed to manually turn the engine over using a big socket on the comp nut.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts