Harley Davidson Forums banner

1998 Mint Green Heritage

13K views 30 replies 24 participants last post by  SCscorpion33 
#1 ·
I am the second owner of a 1998 Mint Green Softail Heritage. The original owner told me the color, MINT GREEN, was a special offering from HDs color lab. They made 280 tank and fender sets, distributed them to dealers and made them available to buyers as an option. I'm looking for any owners of this model and color that have any information about this offering. I'm passing this bike on to my son and want to be sure he's got documentation that supports the special nature of this model. Thank in advance.

Nick
Wellington, Florida

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
thanks - the VIN comes back as Vivid Black. That's the color the bike left from the factory. When it got to the dealer, the buyer had the option of purchasing the mint green tank and fender set. I was looking for documentation - the dealership has since closed, so no records or original bill of sale is available.

#11 ·
I bought my Deuce new in 2000 and I do remember that at that time,
dealers would have "paint sets" available for bikes you bought
from them new.

The dealer I purchased my bike from had them hanging on the wall,
for all to see. They were custom paint sets that consisted of the tank
with front and rear fenders.

That's a beautiful color you've got there. They were pricy even back
then.

Good Luck

#15 ·
That is a beautiful color on a great looking bike! I have a friend that had that color on his Heritage and it was immaculate but he sold it about a year ago. Next time I see him I will inquire about the year but I think it's close. He replaced it with a Road King as I recall.

I would keep that one immaculate too, it's too beautiful!

#20 ·
i love the color too. i have a black 2010 road king, i also love but if i could send fenders side covers and tank to hd for a mint green paint job i might pull the trigger and do it. i thought that color has been around since the 50s but dont know for sure. does anybody know if it is an old factory color?

#21 ·
Sweet!

I saw one of these for sale in north Alabama about 6 months ago -
I really like the color - it POPS!

Makes for a really retro-looking classic bike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.