Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the green wire Connects too there's a plug and a green wire where is the green Wire connect to thanks

·
Just Ride
3,847 Posts
I'm guessing it's for a tachometer

·
luv the low country
20,653 Posts
Get better feedback if you go to The New to the Forum Section and do a proper introduction.

·
Retired citizen
24,357 Posts
I would check the Vance and Hynes web site and look at their wiring diagrams.

·
Just Ride
3,847 Posts
Still no intro and did you take the advice to go to their website?
Posting this more ain't gonna help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I emailed vace in Hines they emailed me back and said they don't have that model number and no one there knows about it kind of weird but that's what they said I'll try that tack thing thanks guys for the info

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
98 road king fuel pack issue

Hello everyone new to the community I have a Vance and Hynes fuel pack The bike was taken apart for paint and now I need to know where the green wire coming off the fuel pack Connects too thanks

Attachments

·
Just Ride
3,847 Posts
Again try Vance and Hynes website.

·
245 Posts
As far as I know, any of the "Fuel Pack" type plug and play tuners do not work on the Magnetti Morelli fuel injection. They are available for 2001 and up, which is the Delphi type.

First thing is check the fitment of the model you have.

The only tuners for either version of the Magnetti Morelli ( 1999 is the second) would be a Power Commander, and everyone I know that has one on a Harley, has replaced on average every 4-5 years. I can only assume it is from the vibration. I know a person who had the same unit on 2 different race bikes (not Harley) for over 5 years, and it still works fine.

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,145 Posts
As far as I know, any of the "Fuel Pack" type plug and play tuners do not work on the Magnetti Morelli fuel injection. They are available for 2001 and up, which is the Delphi type.

First thing is check the fitment of the model you have.

The only tuners for either version of the Magnetti Morelli ( 1999 is the second) would be a Power Commander, and everyone I know that has one on a Harley, has replaced on average every 4-5 years. I can only assume it is from the vibration. I know a person who had the same unit on 2 different race bikes (not Harley) for over 5 years, and it still works fine.

I have the dobeck unit on my 1999 MM...
He has another thread going I'm gonna merge it here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 1997 Road King and the unit looks the same as mine. Don't know if the model #'s are the same but that wire goes to the neg battery post on mine.
Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts