Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently took front wheel off my 99 xlh 883 with laced spoked wheel put it back on to what looks to be the way it came off now rotor is to close to fork and can't get brake caliper on. Need help don't know what to do took it off 7 or 8 times now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently took front wheel off my 99 xlh 883 with laced spoked wheel put it back on to what looks to be the way it came off now rotor is to close to fork and can't get brake caliper on. Need help don't know what to do took it off 7 or 8 times now.
just done a mates sportster. Yours have shims and tapered bearing? The one i did was twin disc mag but lots the same. Some of those pics look a bit sus. Axle looks wrong in first pic not far enough through. Spacer is running differently on one side you can see wear marks are different. Did you replace seals. If it is a timken one i will get you all the info. There is diefinately something fundamentaly wrong,

·
weird member
3,160 Posts
What's going on with the right side of the wheel there? That spacer should be going inside of that oil seal.

Is that a washer? I noticed you don't have a washer between the fork and axle nut... is that the washer there between the spacer and the oil seal? If so, that's your problem.

Should be axle through the right fork, spacer, wheel, spacer, left fork, washer, nut.
Looks like you got it through right fork, spacer, washer, wheel, spacer left fork, nut.

Should look like this:
Wheel Tire Vehicle brake Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Glad you have it figured out. You didn't mention that you had both wheels off, that might have helped with the responses.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry didn't think that it could've been that cuz I had the spacers together but it most definitely was.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts