Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
budget builder
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding for years, no particular brand or style, Rebel,Eliminator,Capanord,Vmax and up to now I have been rebuilding an older KZ into a cafe racer. But, and here is the kicker, I always bypassed Harleys because I thought they were overpriced for what they were, not that it was an inferior product by any means, just pricey. Which brings me to today, Even I couldn't say no to this deal and I can quit making excuses of why I don't have one. 2001 FXDX Dyna that has been built into a drag bike. My father-in-law was the main builder on it and it had a good run until they got a Destroyer for that dealership, so the bike was put in a corner and pretty much forgotten about for the past 5 or 6 years. It has the perfect drag stance, a slightly stretched swing arm, shortened forks, 18" front wheel, chain drive, 95" harley big bore kit, beefed up tranny gears, hot cams, the works. All I can say is that for the price they were giving it away. I have plans of keeping the bike as close to race as possible while being street legal and decent to ride, I also hope to learn more about these unique machines and keep the family heritage alive.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey,,,,,,Oh yea PICS.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Welcome from Metro Milwaukee

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas!

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts