Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 440 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 1st Saturday in June, Saturday 6/6.

Make your reservations at the Land of Nod in Eureka Springs – https://www.landonodinn.com/
10 Rooms are booked under the name the Reunion We have all the rooms on the back side of the building
Make your reservations now.

Some of us will be arriving early-Thursday afternoon and/or on Friday

The Nod has a free continental breakfast or there are plenty of place to eat, all within walking distances.
Hmmm, Bacon at the Filling Station
There is BBQ, a Steak House and beer and liquor stores within walking distances

Plenty of good riding in the area, there will NOT be a group ride on Saturday.

-

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,364 Posts
Add me to the list.

Reactions: FartBoy

·
Proud Infidel
2,773 Posts
I'll have to figure out my schedule.

Sent from here to there.

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
im in. room booked!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
weird member
2,258 Posts
I'll consider it, count me as a hard maybe for now (75% sure I am in). I just don't have the time right now to try to plan for it.

I'll know more next year, I am sure there will be still rooms available there or near there.

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
unless something changes, ill be there on thursday.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Reactions: FartBoy

·
Registered
723 Posts
I'm gonna do this.
would be nice to meet some of you guys.
I'm assuming this is not a "bring the wifey" thing?

·
weird member
2,258 Posts
Actually, I haven't finished my breakfast beer yet before running errands, so I was looking at the map. About 720 miles on the slab for me straight there from here, which I would break up. But, I could get a few more states on my map if I took the long way around.

I already decided whatever trip I do next year, I will be taking the miles leisurely, rolling on my own and camping the whole way (part of why I would be rolling solo, not everyone wants to camp every night for a week or two), potentially leaving as many as two weeks ahead of wherever I was going and just piddling around. I might cut all the way from here across Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas and run up to Kansas and then roll over to Arkansas. I don't want to do more than maybe 400 miles in a day, though I don't mind stretching 400-500 miles over 10 hours (I told you, leisurely). Slabbing is just so boring. I want to enjoy the miles, not feel like I have to pound them out on a time table. I wouldn't mind riding 4 hours to somewhere, hanging out for 3-4 hours then riding 4 more hours. Or ride for 2 hours, f*** around for 2, ride another 2, f*** around 2 more, etc.

So if anyone in those states has a spare room, whether you're going or not, would be appreciated to use your shower and have an air conditioned sleep in a bed for a night on a few occasions. I'll buy you a 6-pack for your trouble, ha ha. And consequently, if anyone's ever traveling through my area (like, if you're headed to Florida, like Daytona or something), I do have a spare room anyone is free to crash any time of year as long as I know at least two weeks in advance.

·
old scoot coot
3,584 Posts
Actually, I haven't finished my breakfast beer yet before running errands, so I was looking at the map. About 720 miles on the slab for me straight there from here, which I would break up. But, I could get a few more states on my map if I took the long way around.

I already decided whatever trip I do next year, I will be taking the miles leisurely, rolling on my own and camping the whole way (part of why I would be rolling solo, not everyone wants to camp every night for a week or two), potentially leaving as many as two weeks ahead of wherever I was going and just piddling around. I might cut all the way from here across Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas and run up to Kansas and then roll over to Arkansas. I don't want to do more than maybe 400 miles in a day, though I don't mind stretching 400-500 miles over 10 hours (I told you, leisurely). Slabbing is just so boring. I want to enjoy the miles, not feel like I have to pound them out on a time table. I wouldn't mind riding 4 hours to somewhere, hanging out for 3-4 hours then riding 4 more hours. Or ride for 2 hours, f*** around for 2, ride another 2, f*** around 2 more, etc.

So if anyone in those states has a spare room, whether you're going or not, would be appreciated to use your shower and have an air conditioned sleep in a bed for a night on a few occasions. I'll buy you a 6-pack for your trouble, ha ha. And consequently, if anyone's ever traveling through my area (like, if you're headed to Florida, like Daytona or something), I do have a spare room anyone is free to crash any time of year as long as I know at least two weeks in advance.
kyle you can crash here i'm in kansas, 70 mi north of tulsa. but will be leaving on thursday morning for nod reunion. before that or after reunion is fine. if camping along way, the big truck stops all have pretty nice showers and they are free.:smile

·
weird member
2,258 Posts
kyle you can crash here i'm in kansas, 70 mi north of tulsa. but will be leaving on thursday morning for nod reunion. before that or after reunion is fine. if camping along way, the big truck stops all have pretty nice showers and they are free.:smile
Yeah, but they don't have air conditioned beds, ha ha.

Speaking of, I need to look into one of those single person, freestanding bivvy tents...

·
Proud Infidel
2,773 Posts
1 - 20 of 440 Posts