Harley Davidson Forums banner

341 - 360 of 408 Posts

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
I called the hotel, nobody is answering the phone until after April 30 was their message on the machine. Sucks for all these places that are shutting down events, all the way from food vendors to the hotel service staff, etc.
Not long ago I was surfing the net and saw where the AR Governor, on or about April 4th I think, ordered ALL motels, hotels and other commercial establishments to NOT rent rooms to anyone who is not a verified essential person (healthcare worker, LEO, etc.). Seems most dining places in ES are doing at least carry out and some may even deliver.

So, Sean, sorry to hear your medical condition will now definitely keep you from attending the reunion, but, may not even be a reunion after all at least not for a while. And as much as I am looking forward to the long ride to ES and all that goes with it for a few days if it means getting a carryout meal to take back to the Nod and eating it in the parking lot or my room I'll probably pass on this reunion. But, things change, sometimes fast, so at this point I'm not giving up hope. We will see.

·
Registered
571 Posts
the hose will reach into the bathroom, you know, for convenience and all. Don't want any guests put out, making sure I'm a good host that's all. Leaves can go down the commode.

that waters only cold for a couple seconds then everything shrinks up real tight and you don't notice the cold water anymore :censored:

·
old scoot coot
3,342 Posts
the hose will reach into the bathroom, you know, for convenience and all. Don't want any guests put out, making sure I'm a good host that's all. Leaves can go down the commode.

that waters only cold for a couple seconds then everything shrinks up real tight and you don't notice the cold water anymore :censored:
good to know sean. very comforting. 😬

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
sorry to hear sean. it might be that way for everyone. the hotels, restaurants, and attractions for the whole tourism industry should have been up and going by now to get the season started.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
Guys, I talk to the Nod this morning and she believes they will be open for our weekend. The local restaurants are serving take out at this time or
have set up tables outside. She feels they will be much more open by June.
She says she'll call me around May 4, to give me an update. If she dosen't call, I'll call her.
For right now, we keep our plan on place for the next several weeks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,211 Posts
Just had a mental image of take out from the Filling Station. Line the tour pak on the bike with foil and tell them to load it with bacon. Put everything else in a bag and tote it in the side bags.

·
old scoot coot
3,342 Posts
i never doubted it would happen as planned. well maybe a little. thanks fb, we'll move the beds six feet apart. guess who's coming now. he didn't tell me to keep it a secret so i'll use code just to be safe. his name starts with j and ends with immers. and his bride! just keeps getting better! 😁

·
Registered
38,119 Posts
nope, tiny guest troom is yours. i thought brian might come down but im pretty sure he is meeting up with us in joplin for refreshments. that makes four of us in our gang so far. i've a queen size blow up i bought for camping. i haven't used it for that but have used it here at the cabin, sleeps pretty good. so no need to bring anything. if some one else stops in or brian changes his mind we are covered. jacks basement will always available for another. anyway four so far for the ride down, thats enough for a little mc thuggary! and maybe a couple more. who knows. ?
I extended my vacation time to include Wednesday. Some funky shit going down at work, asked us to use up 75% of our PTO by Sept 30.

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,096 Posts
I extended my vacation time to include Wednesday. Some funky shit going down at work, asked us to use up 75% of our PTO by Sept 30.
what you thinking... if I had to guess assuming you can buy out time at end of year, they may be just looking to not take the hit.

·
old scoot coot
3,342 Posts
come on down i got room. hell you can have the big bedroom. i'll take the queen size bed in a bag. we can all ride down together. you will like mac's bike, it's purdy. i may even shine up his www's for the trip. 😎

·
weird member
2,172 Posts
what you thinking... if I had to guess assuming you can buy out time at end of year, they may be just looking to not take the hit.
Everywhere I ever knew of that had accumulating PTO and offered buy-back the time at the end of the year, usually the amount you sell it back for is less than what it would be worth to just take the days off. Like, if you made $20/hour, taking an 8-hour day would be $160, but if you sold those 8 hours back instead of using them, it might be they give you $120 for it (75%). So I would imagine it would be more of a hit to make them use it rather than buy it back.

Maybe it has something to do with productivity (measured by man-hours)? Some places, taking a PTO day still counts toward productivity numbers.

·
Registered
38,119 Posts
No, we cant sell PTO back at the end of the year. I'm wondering if they are going to have another layoff, and dont want to have too much PTO time on the books that they have to pay out on. I'm thinking shit, if there is going to be a layoff, that is exactly when I do want to have hours saved up!

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,211 Posts
Sure glad my days of worrying about that kind of stuff are long behind me. Just a new set of BS to worry about now.

341 - 360 of 408 Posts