Harley Davidson Forums banner

401 - 420 of 452 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
DOG, 600 plus miles. thats a long day, are you doing that all on thursday?
Yup, I've done up to 900 one day, never again. 600 will make for a long day. Can do 500 comfortably.
Googlemaps says 10 hrs......I'm figuring 12 hrs on a bike, don't like running 80-85.
I'll leave a 5AM. Gas, piss, refill water, on the road............

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,854 Posts
It's right at 800 miles for me...leave early AM and beat most of the traffic. Stops for gas, coffee, and piss stops and I should roll in around 2ish or thereabouts.

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
Yup, I've done up to 900 one day, never again. 600 will make for a long day. Can do 500 comfortably.
Googlemaps says 10 hrs......I'm figuring 12 hrs on a bike, don't like running 80-85.
My trips to ES have always been like yours will be. Right at 600 miles for me too and my neighbor and I will pull out of the driveway at 6:30, just after sunrise. But this year I'm avoiding St. Louis altogether. On previous trips I would stop before St. L and check traffic then decide whether to go straight through St. L or to go South, kinda a bypass there. But sometimes neither is a good option so this year we will be getting off I-64 way before St. L and getting on a state 4 lane divided hwy. Mapquest shows that to take a little more time but we aren't in any hurry.

See ya there sometime Thur afternoon or early evening.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'm skipping St. Louis also. gonna head to western Illinois and go through Davenport and Quincy avoiding it.
I think it'll be a nicer ride than I-55

Reactions: tommytailspin

·
weird member
2,877 Posts
It's a total of 740 miles for me. Like old dogg, I don't want to do more than 500 in a day anymore. My furthest is still only 850 in a day over about 13 hours, amd that was kind of hell.

Last year was 550 miles and I was kind of getting sick of it at 450-500, was kind of feeling like a slog.

·
old scoot coot
4,570 Posts
i agree dogg. 500 is an ideal day. sometimes you just have to go more. i rode home non stop, execpt fuel, from sturgis one time. 17 hours. i was solo and it just worked out. i forgot the mileage or hours but there is a point at which it can't keep getting more painful. then you just get accustomed to that level and then the only problem is staying awake. anyway your going to get some hurt on 600 but the silver linning is when you wake up friday morning, you are already there! looking forward to seeing you there hermano. safe travels to you all hermanos!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #411 ·
So, there isn't a planned group ride.

I want to ride southwest to the War Eagle grist mill area, supposedly a historical, civil war, area.
That'll complete my 4 points of the compass rides of the area.
Any other directions guys want to ride to?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,663 Posts

I want to ride southwest to the War Eagle grist mill area, supposedly a historical, civil war, area.

Yeah, I wanna go twisties! The twistier the better LOL.

·
old scoot coot
4,570 Posts

best twisties are odd numbers go north and south and even go east and west. the pig trail, in the twistys up north to er pretty much suck. the logging trucks use it heavily and they are getting in pretty rough shape. the state puts tar in the cracks and they get pretty slick at 80 degrees plus. they will bust your ass. far as i'm concerned the only good thing about 23 is that it joins es and mena. i'll look at map fb i haven't done that yet. there maybe subsets of group rides too we'll figure it out.

·
Registered
41,390 Posts
Tommy
I was thinking of maybe coming to your place on Monday night. Then we can goof around on Tuesday and wait for visitors on Wed. I mean seeing as how you're batching it. That OK ?

What time you thinking about showing up at Tommy's?

I like goofing around. :D

Reactions: tommytailspin

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
What time you thinking about showing up at Tommy's?

I like goofing around. :D
I'm taking 59 to 169 to Coffeyville. You want to meet up and ride down.? Leaving Eudora Around 3

·
Registered
41,390 Posts
Sounds good. Meet at Kwik Shop on Church?

401 - 420 of 452 Posts