Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I received my 1997 FLH frame yesterday. I would like to built a custom Stretched Big Wheel, (26" or 30") Street Glide. I am looking for plans to build the front end rake or a used kit, (on a budget and not willing to spend $700), nothing too much 3 or 4" over stock.
I am also looking for a Used Big Twin Crankcase.
Any suggestions would be appreciated and like i said any help would be as well.
Question: When you stretch a FLH, are you stretching the swing arm or just adding stretched accessories?

·
Wayward Son
23,862 Posts
Have to ask. Just what is your from scratch bike building experience?
I take it you plan on building the engine as well(?).

·
South GA *******
3,898 Posts
From what I've seen, you won't be able to get a raked kit to run that big of a wheel for under 700.... But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
How much is your budget? The things that you want to do will cost you a lot of money. If you are planning on doing the work yourself, what is your knowledge and skill level. If you do not know what stretching a frame means, you need to put down the tools and step back.

There are some things that are best left to those who know. There are a lot of things that I would like to do myself, but know my limitations. When that happens I take it to someone who knows what they are doing, and gladly pay them for their work.

Also an introduction would be nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts