Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all- Recently I had a K&N air intake installed on my 2004 Fatboy, which is fuel injected. I just recently purchased a set of V&H Shortshots with the O2 sensor plugs. My question is this-- with the new intake, and the new exhaust on the way, will I need a fuel processor?? If so, what's a good AFFORDABLE one?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7,340 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
+2 on Fuelmoto. They have a mini tuner that they sell and support that would be simple to install and pre-setup based on your setup. If you want more control for a slightly higher yet reasonable price, Fuelmoto has the PC-V and they will preprogram that also.

Otherwise, look up EJK (Electronic Jet Kit). I had one on my 2005 Fat Boy and it worked well for a simple stage 1 set up.

·
luv the low country
20,312 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

·
American
28,686 Posts
Welcome from Indiana.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2004 doesn't have 02 sensors. The holes will have to plugged. (If you bought the exhaust new, it may come with plugs)

XiEds won't work.

I'd call Fuel Moto USA and tell them your setup. They'll send you a tuner pre-loaded with a good map. I used their house branded one on my 2004 Heritage. It worked very well.

Fuel MotoFuel Moto EFI Tuner
Thanks a ton Chasarms! Just ordered my Fuel Moto EFI Tuner w/ 2 day shipping. My pipes were just delivered today! I'll post pics after everythings done!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts