Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well rode my sporty last night and on my way home from work got pulled over for speeding!!:mad I was just trying to get out of the blind side of the 2 cars I over took apparently the other car was an unmarked police car! oh well live and learn..hopefully is the last time..funny when he asked what bike i am riding i told him its a 1200 harley and i said "oh its an old 1998" he shined his flash light on the bike and said "hmm doesn't look old at all":

·
Wayward Son
23,036 Posts
Since it`s your hand on the wick.....makes it your choice if it`s your last or not.
Sounds like you may not have let off once you got past them(?). :know

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sucks......Got to watch for those unmarked cars and ghost graphics slicktops.

My King is always like Ricky Bobby in my ear yelling I WANT TO GO FAST

·
Wayward Son
23,036 Posts
Them low profile light bars they got now sure make spotting even the marked cars at a distance rough.

·
OTL
610 Posts
Well rode my sporty last night and on my way home from work got pulled over for speeding!!:mad I was just trying to get out of the blind side of the 2 cars I over took apparently the other car was an unmarked police car! oh well live and learn..hopefully is the last time..funny when he asked what bike i am riding i told him its a 1200 harley and i said "oh its an old 1998" he shined his flash light on the bike and said "hmm doesn't look old at all":
You've got to have great self-control in your area, for sure. All those open semi-desert spaces. Along the Columbia River on either side of town....just begs ya to open 'er up! I got nailed 1/2 way to Omak once.:eek

Let me guess...you were headed toward Leavenworth?

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Got pulled over in a car once for doing 94 in a 55. Didnt complain much since I was doing 115 before he cought up with me. This was before Arizona had started using radar years ago.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was actually just on my way home along wenatchee ave., just did not click that the car in front of me was unmarked..
You've got to have great self-control in your area, for sure. All those open semi-desert spaces. Along the Columbia River on either side of town....just begs ya to open 'er up! I got nailed 1/2 way to Omak once.:eek

Let me guess...you were headed toward Leavenworth?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yap! I just went to 3rg gear while i was passing them, he said i was doing 52 on a 30 , he was probably right, good thing he only sighted me for just going 10 over the speed limit..
Since it`s your hand on the wick.....makes it your choice if it`s your last or not.
Sounds like you may not have let off once you got past them(?). :know

·
Registered
529 Posts
I was followed the entire way through the town of Farmers Branch (Dallas suburb) on Wednesday. I always go the speed limit through this town on the way to 635 but this guy was checking me out hard! Guess that's "the only" downfall of loud pipes.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
I NEVER speed at night... Can't see police.

But... Shit happens. Had a cop come up behind me when I was going 70 in a 55 on a 4 Lane. I pulled into the right lane and he didn't even bat an eye as he went 80 the rest of the way.

And I followed him. Hey, if he can go 80 in a 55 Dang it so can I!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
326 Posts
Join the crowd!! My wonderful wife threatened me with legal action if I get anymore speeding tickets...LOL. I've heard that for the last 37 years!!
For me, it's usually State Police for some reason...and I have always been treated fairly by these professionals...even though they insist on giving me some "written instructions with a fee attached" to remind me...LOL.
I told the last officer that my bike refused to go slow, even though I try very hard...He told me to try harder...LOL. Ride safe!

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,068 Posts
I got caught on my 98 Sporty heading out of town, speedo said I was doing about a double nickel.. to my surprise it was a 45 zone. Cop said I was doing over 60, I politely argued with him. Wrote me a warning.. funny thing is, he was right I found out the speedometer on that bike read slow at 62 I was actually going 70. Only part that sucked was he popped me right outside of town, on the only main road out and of course several folks got a good show. If I had a dime for every time I heard "hey was that you....."
It happens.

·
Wayward Son
23,036 Posts
Never got popped for speeding on a bike. Got pulled over once on my V-dub trike. I was hammering through some twisties. He was coming the other way. Locked them up and did a broad slide in the middle of the 2 lane to come after me. I was pulled over and waiting on him.
Cop was actually decent. Asked why I was in a hurry. Told him I had just had an argument with my landlord. He looked at the address on my lic. Said, "Oh. That a-hole. Slow it down, ok". Handed me back my paperwork walked back to his car and dove away.

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
I was followed the entire way through the town of Farmers Branch (Dallas suburb) on Wednesday. I always go the speed limit through this town on the way to 635 but this guy was checking me out hard! Guess that's "the only" downfall of loud pipes.
Had one in Flo. do this to me one time. He followed me super close for a while. I stopped abruptly in the middle of my lane. Got off my bike walked up to his window to ask what his problem was. I asked him if he wanted my DL and paper work, did he want to take me to jail, what?
Do what ever you want to do, but get off my fender. He acted shocked and drove away. Not that I would recommend this, but I had severe anger issues at the time.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
sorry to hear about the ticket,last summer i had just left a biker bar and looked both ways on the road n no one was in sight ,got on the gas real hard n had it hammered at 90 mph going up this hill and the next thing i looked in my mirrors n what do i see a trooper right behind me . now its two lanes going up the hill and all of a sudden he pulls right beside me and gives me the thumbs up to me ,WTF! and he just pulled away from me like i was sitting still and kept going .man he musta been doing well over 120mph and didnt even have his lights on like he was responding to a call.scared the living chit outta me when i first saw him in my mirrors ,it was like he just appeared outta thin air. to this day i still have no clue where he came from or was sitting...

·
Vile Deplorable
1,351 Posts
When I used to have my Grand Cherokee with the Hemi, I was getting stopped all the time, but I only got one ticket. One time I was traveling around 100 when I saw the unmarked driver's head swivel and ID me, so I pulled over and put on the 4 ways. He screamed by me at some ungodly speed and as he crested the hill in from of me I saw him lock them up. I guess he realized that he passed me then. I drove over the hill and pulled past him and over and he was PISSED!. I let him rant and yell and frisk me and yell some more before he asked me if I planned on talking.
  • "Don't you have anything to say?"
  • "Sorry?"
  • "SORRY! THAT'S ALL YOU CAN SAY?" NOTHING ELSE?
  • "Sorry I made you look like an ass?"
  • "ME? YOU MADE ME LOOK LIKE AN ASS?"
  • "Yes, you're the one screaming at me when I pulled over to keep you from endangering your life. You're the one that's spitting all over me while screaming at me. You're the one that's being recorded by my iPhone in my breat pocket while being an ass."
  • "Huh? You're recording me?"
  • "Yeah, sorry."
I did not get a ticket.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
I had a sheriff in a pickup truck pull next to me at a stop sign.. On a two Lane road! He leaned out the window and started yelling something to me.. I was scared shirtless from almost being ran over so I gunned it through the intersection and he turned as soon as he could! I think he wasn't paying attention and almost hit me. I was hoping he would pull me over I was gonna make a big stink about that one.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
I have a foolproof method for avoiding speeding tickets. Been ticket free for the past 15 years.

It works whether I'm in my pickup or on the bike. I don't speed ;)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts